Taking Care of a White car

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Can the detailing sifus here advise on how should one take care of a white
coloured vehicle?

Spray an additional layer of laquer? etc???

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
im using white pearl,every week must wash,if u leave more time then the dirt will stick to the paint...then u r going to spend more on waxing or polishing...

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
what i do is usually wash it then wax it, waxed it three days in a row..... then from then on all i do is use water n sponge to clean the car... no need to use car shampoo. cause dirt hardly sticks to the paintwork n white cars usually look dirty only cause of dust stains and water streak marks....all can be wiped off with water n a sponge... plus it helps if the car isnt a daily driver n u dont drive through extremely dirty areas so often....

jsut give it a couple of layers of wax, then rinse it with water n a sponge plus chamois dry every couple of days... car will look shiny for months to come...

hope i helped! cheers!

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
no matter how...try to part ur car under the shade
will look more obvious..if the paint of the white painted car faded..

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
hi v-spec, saw your posting about this in autoworld. basically the advice given there is reasonable. painting another layer of lacquer will not help it be cleaner. frequent washes and a minimum of a wax a month should be sufficient if you do not have the time.stuffs like meguiar's nxt wax are pretty easy to apply and buff off. should take you less than 1 hour to do it. it should last you for more than a month. however the water beading of nxt is nuts after a week. still, that doesn't mean that nxt isn't there anymore. :P

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
Originally posted by et5828@Jan 26 2005, 01:14
shade, but not trees.

BEWARE of bird droppings

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
i parked my white old junk 24 hrs outdoor open air since house dun have cover car park :(....the only thing i did to maintain is wash, wax and polish regularly...already last me for 5 years place since i respray the car...still look kilat and new heheheh

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by g88@Jan 27 2005, 20:37
i parked my white old junk 24 hrs outdoor open air since house dun have cover car park :(....the only thing i did to maintain is wash, wax and polish regularly...already last me for 5 years place since i respray the car...still look kilat and new heheheh
hahaha
i always part far away from my house just to get a shady corner
even i have to walk one block away :lol:

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Originally posted by et5828@Jan 26 2005, 01:14
better not under tree.... coz birds like to target cars under tree... :D

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
using clear water (coz they say even shampoo meant for car also will spoil the paint) oni to wash (as frequent as 1 wash per week) n do some waxing job every 1 or 2 months good enuff to look after the new paint?

erm... sori...mine is mettalic silver here...not white. ;)
juz borrow this topic to ask coz duwan open so many similar topics... :D

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
Originally posted by kher@Jan 31 2005, 00:18
using clear water (coz they say even shampoo meant for car also will spoil the paint) oni to wash (as frequent as 1 wash per week) n do some waxing job every 1 or 2 months good enuff to look after the new paint?

I'm also silver, but slightly greyish.

one of the easiest car to "look clean" :lol:

but i can never get the chine or reflecton like u get from a balck car :(

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Originally posted by boggysv+Jan 31 2005, 00:28 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (boggysv @ Jan 31 2005, 00:28 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kher@Jan 31 2005, 00:18

I'm also silver, but slightly greyish.

one of the easiest car to "look clean" :lol:

but i can never get the chine or reflecton like u get from a balck car :( [/b][/quote]
no need say lor.... black car wor... the color so dark.

i tink any dark colored car will giv the same effect as a black car rite?

but u haven answer whether my way of looking after the paint correct or not...hehe... :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I went home at 4am, no body followed, parent gone to work around 5 somehting, nth happned, when my sis woke up at 8 , my car driver side glass kena smashed ! wtF ?! safc2 gone, other still there. Inside my house some more !

to the thief, if i found u.. i make sure u get "nicely" from me. FUCKER !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience