Takedown at the Kruger National Park South Africa - Unusual occurence

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
Pictures Taken by Mgdonny , at South Africas Premier Wildlife Park , The Kruger National Park , Capturing an Event like this is So rare , and is Precisely the Reason why Thousands Flock to the Park , In the Hope of seeing the Big 5 in their Natural Habitat and seeing what is Commonly known as a KILL or a Takedown

This stunning series of pictures shows the moment a water buffalo becomes a road-hog.
But the tourists driving through Kruger National Park in South Africa could hardly blame the poor creature, who was more concerned with the tail-gating lioness than other traffic on the road.
The convoy of cars came to a halt to watch - but the passengers then found themselves part of the action as the two beasts lumbered on to the road, oblivious to their gaze.

Battle lines: The lioness and the buffalo size each other up at the start of the attack in Kruger National Park, South Africa

Dinner time: The buffalo screams out in pain as the lioness attacks by sinking her teeth into the giant beast

The incredible fight took place near the national park's Phelwana Bridge, as tourists noticed a buffalo standing alone by a tree just 10m from the road.
At first the rest of the countryside seemed desolate, and then passengers began to see lion heads popping up out of the foliage a further 20m away.

Struggle: The buffalo desperately tries to shake the lioness loose, but the claws are out and dinner is served

Buckin' bronco: The lioness keeps a firm grip on its prey

Break for freedom: Chaos hits the road as the buffalo stumbles on to the tarmac

Peckish for a calf: The buffalo has his leg pulled by the lioness as traffic comes to a stop

'The buffalo started snorting and walking with the lioness on its back trying to escape.'
It came towards the roads and hit a car in the rear bumper and the lioness couldn't hold on and jumped off.'
At this point, the tourists became uneasy as two male lions began to pad their way over.
Luckily, they were content to stay on the side of the road and watch their lady friend bring home the dinner.

Running to safety: The buffalo lurches across the road, having successfully knocked the lioness off her back

Lion's eye view: Motorists dare to stick their head out the window for a picture - but this is one hitchhiker who won't be getting a lift

'After some time again the female tried two more times to bring down the buffalo but with no success.'
Luckily for the buffalo - and the passengers - the buffalo proved too much for the lioness, and she padded off, leaving the buffalo free to roam another day.

Last edited:

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
I saw the same on National Geographic. No way a single lion can take down a buffalo 3-4 times their size. The only succesful hunts against such a large buffalo is when the lion hunts in packs of 3 or more. That too depends the buffalo is not in a heard where they will protect each other. And the lion would have their meal only if the buffalo is hurt too badly to move on and there is no hope in recupirating.

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
That is Correct , A buffalo is one tough Animal , and a Lion will only attck in a group , But Sometimes it does not always go as Planned , Have a Look at this Video , Its EPIC , Lions , Crocodiles and buffalo all having a Go at each other , This was also one of the Most Viewed Videos on Youtube at some Stage

YouTube- Battle at Kruger

xand

Known Member
Apr 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
it's great that those people didn't go honk or try to scare the lioness away and save the buffalo... coz that'll spoil the nature's food chain... jz let the wild do their own thing.

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
I'm Glad it brings back fond memories , its an awesome place to get in tune with nature , When were you there Saga Continue? And did you Drive to the Park from Johannesburg or Fly there ?

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
i was there in 2004 and 2007....and i drove from Jo'Berg

not so much memories of Kruger tho'....more of Sun City actually :biggrin:...poor me cant enter Genting so go balas dendam there....funny thing is when I was there I always thought im at Sunway Lagoon :smokin:

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
Saga Continue , Thats awesome Bro , The Drive from JHB is Fantastic , Especially the Scenery and the Great Driving Roads that Accompany it all the way down to Kruger , Sunway Lagoon is Exactly like Sun City , Almost to the Last Detail ;-) Pity We never Knew each other then , I would have Willingly given you the Uncut Tour ;-)

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
yeah...in facts i drove from cape town to port sudan, cross arabian peninsular, cross to pakistan and all the way by road back to KL

i lurve driving!

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
out of the big 5... i only managed to catch 3 of em.. dang~

of ya..Sun City made me think i was driving into Sunway !! :rofl: but it's run down la..

anyway.. Africa is magical..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Detailing Session & hand on at Ampang Park automotive week
FREE!!! Hands on detailing session!!! Come and learn more about detailing.
My friend is organizing a detailing session/demo for me at Ampang Park Automotive week

Come and participate this hands on detailing session.

Some hardcore detailing gurus and other detailing professionals will also be there to help out and answer any of your detailing questions.

All sorts of detailing machines and products will be available for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience