Take out exhaust cat izzit advisable?

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Hi, any idea if I take out the cat exhaust system from the original setting would it effect the ecu? Any different on the performance or the sound? Or can I replace to those after market mid box.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Hi, any idea if I take out the cat exhaust system from the original setting would it effect the ecu? Any different on the performance or the sound? Or can I replace to those after market mid box.
it been put there to filter out all the hazardous gases before release to air. some say got improvement. i never test it out. i just replace mine to after market. get better FC than original cat. as i know all car using ecu advised to set back the ecu for better performance.otherwise just wait the ECU auto learn your new upgarde. please do correct me if i was wrong.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
wsonny,

which model is yours? any mod done on the car yet? another thing is what r u trying to achieve by removing d cat?

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
My engine is n46, without any mod yet. Wat I wan is pick up and some sound

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Wsonny,

have you tried tee golf mode? they purposely jam up the exhaust flipper to let it open all the time and louder than stock setup if not mistaken...not worth to remove if your exhaust still standard...JMO