Symptoms Of Engine Oil Consumption.

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
How do we know whether our engine is consuming more engine oil than normal?

Izit by seeing whether there's white smoke from our exhaust?
Will there be any other symptoms?

Does minor decreasement of engine oil means our engine is consuming engine oil or it's just normal?
As i know my old engine has white smoke coming out from the exhaust and the way it consumes engine oil is 1 week to reach the middle(between max n min) from max.
Now my new engine has very minor decreasement of engine oil after many weeks but has no white smoke? Is this normal or i should prepare for some bad news?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Kher, your replacement engine is a good one and you are lucky to get it.

Oil consumption for a car is as normal as one or 2 strands of hair dropping from your head every 1 hour.

Blow-by if within limits is advantageuos for it lubricates the upper cylinders.

In the Mercedes handbook,this is what is written inside the pages. The maximum oil consumption for a MB 190E is 1.5 litres of engine oil for 1000 km of travel!!!! Interpreted by someone with a funky brain, it would mean if you travel 3000 km, the oil sump will be bone dry! This is the reality.The same is also written in the handbook of a MB E230 "Big and Small eyes " model year 1998!

Actually, this is an area that Focal Point do not like to comment for it is out of our focus and business but because of the love of motoring it would like ZTH members to become more knowlegeable and reduce the cost of maintenance and undue anxiety.

They always say, membership has its priviledges.More people should sign up us members. ZTH is truly the ONLY high performance and yet educational local motoring website. What say you, TOM?

kktham

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
from my experience, high engine oil consumption is no good. my old wira engine eats up about half the mark (on the indicator), every 2-3 weeks. i sent it to many workshops, got the engine caskets replaced and problem still exists. indicator? no white smoke at all.

after about 4 years (it's a year 2000 1.6 model), the engine top (valve leg) leaked and it costs a bomb to fix it. decided to drop in a used unit from japan (1.8Sohc) and all problem is gone. now, i dun add any engine oil until the next oil change!!

this is just to share my experience.

euthanasia

Known Member
Jan 3, 2004
My car is in the mechanic as i'm speaking...Intro by Zth member here...everybody so friendly...heheehe...anyways...my kereta consume engine oil like crazy...top up to full and it will return to below the min level(dip-stick) in less than a week. Mechanic just called me, the piston ring gone liao...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guyz..do anybody noe where to recon mivec air con compressor? i(Recon compressor for jap engine). Heard my frenz say subang 2 got but he don noe where. Do anybody noe where? coz i have change 4 air con compressor in 1 yr.Plz pm me.thanx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience