Swapping stock brakes with Brembo 4pot 2pot

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
As per title , i just change my stock toyota brake system (2pot 1pot ) into aftermarket Brembo (4pot 2pot)(recondition brake calipers) along with new Brembo rotors n Brembo brake pads (400cc). the problem i'm encountering it's the brake squeal whenever on a low speed nearby to stop...(mostly about to reach a traffic light)..the sound came in on n off...is it normal for a brembo brake to squeal? car driven from KL ---> JB ....JB ----> KL after change brake kits..clock more than 500km for now..brake still squeal ...any solution ?

thanks for all sifu sifu ! :adore:

Here I attached the video of it

http://youtu.be/VAF4zxUi5VA

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sounds like it is binding or can try sand paper the pads slightly. Sometimes work, sometimes the sound comes back.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
davidcnz,
Several factor can take into account as your concern.
Probably you may get the fake Brembo rotor and pad as they flooded in the market.
If you getting the Brembo pad less them RM1000 each set, then its fake coz not from Italy.

Brembo kit (original) will squeal whenever its cold due to lining characteristic.
After awhile it will the squeal will be gone or after it reach warming up temperature.

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
when u recondition your calipers, did u change the piston seals too?
I'm not sure about this...let me cross check again..

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Sounds like it is binding or can try sand paper the pads slightly. Sometimes work, sometimes the sound comes back.
i have try to check with 2 mechanic..they told me that the rotors n brake pads it's still new (as said the brembo brakes pad contain some metal in it , that why it have sound when the pads touch the rotors.)..but the sound will gone off after a week or two...

after the kits , i been driving the car from kl to johor ...then johor to kl ...approx more than 500km had been done ..but the sound still there...tat why i try to get some info around ..see if i can work out any solution or not ...

anyways, thanks for the solution..will give a try !

appreciate it

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

davidcnz,
Several factor can take into account as your concern.
Probably you may get the fake Brembo rotor and pad as they flooded in the market.
If you getting the Brembo pad less them RM1000 each set, then its fake coz not from Italy.

Brembo kit (original) will squeal whenever its cold due to lining characteristic.
After awhile it will the squeal will be gone or after it reach warming up temperature.
thank you bro !
appreciate alot ! will check on this few things

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is your discs lipped? If it is, maybe thats the problem. Just follow what VR2 said.
I think its not because of caliper issues.
Read nicely woh! people new rotors leh......:biggrin:

But sometimes new pads can be noisy, because done before, took out sand slightly then okay, but sometimes won't work....hahhaa

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
since the pads are new then maybe that's the problem, hopefully after a few more kms the sound will disappear
Is your discs lipped? If it is, maybe thats the problem. Just follow what VR2 said.
I think its not because of caliper issues.
Read nicely woh! people new rotors leh......:biggrin:

But sometimes new pads can be noisy, because done before, took out sand slightly then okay, but sometimes won't work....hahhaa
hopefully bro ! haha..thanks ya :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
brembos are known to squeel, but I didn't know they'd squeel that loud. That's insanely loud.

I suggest swapping the pads to something with less metal content and try again. And like what pangyau said - there's the issue with the price of the calipers and all - the fake ones might not perform up to standard.

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
brembos are known to squeel, but I didn't know they'd squeel that loud. That's insanely loud.

I suggest swapping the pads to something with less metal content and try again. And like what pangyau said - there's the issue with the price of the calipers and all - the fake ones might not perform up to standard.
will wait few more km ..wait for the pads to be worn out abit..n see the different..thanks bro for the advice :D

AlexKen

Sep 29, 2014
Paka
Brake making squeel noise normally due to the brake pad material... And... most of the performance brake pad will make noise when it still cold... *look at the disc.. if the brake material containt un-even (Got hard and soft compound) The disc will worn unevenly.. if this happen.. better change ur brake pad before too late... :smokin:

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
Brake making squeel noise normally due to the brake pad material... And... most of the performance brake pad will make noise when it still cold... *look at the disc.. if the brake material containt un-even (Got hard and soft compound) The disc will worn unevenly.. if this happen.. better change ur brake pad before too late... :smokin:
its doesnt make any squeel when it's cold on both surface (rotors n pads)..my problem it's the squeel sound out only when the brake pad n rotors it's hot...n i guess mostly its the brake pads problem..anyhow..i'm still in testing for the new pads to be worn more ...or else, i guess i need to change the brake pads b4 CNY :D

anyhow , noted bro..thanks !

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My wife's SUV front brakes squeal very loudly when she reverse out in the morning. After that all quiet. Disc after 4 years still nice and smooth. However the rear disc have worn in quite deep and with one round of pad change.
So it is hard to be certain whether squealing brake means bad wear??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure many people already done this.

But here is how I did it.

Prepare the parts :- a 9V IC regulator. ***7809, 2 pcs of 100uF/16V e.capacitors, and a heatsink and pcb.

Then solder all the parts together. The IC pin when seen from front side is Input-Ground-Output. Connect the E.cap at input to ground and output to ground respectively.

Buy the ciggarete jack (since im not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience