Swap 4G15 with 4G91

squintex

Jan 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi there, im a new member but have been visiting this forum for quite a while.

i owned a proton wira 4G15 year 2001. yesterday got a friend want to swap his 4G91 carb engine(currently at old proton saga) with my engine. he said i need to pay only the swap cost. he wont pay anything. he's a foreman so i dont think he will take much money.

so, the question are,

1. is it worth it? i know 4G91 is far better than 4G15 and a lot of mod can be done on it. but still wanna ask is it a good deal?

2. I want to use my wiring and injection. 4g91 carb can fit 4g15 head?

3. if there any other advices, pls tell me cuz im very newbie in this car world.

tq

squintex

Jan 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I was told that I can use my existing wiring injection that is stock 4G15 on 4G91 engine. The problem is can 4G91 carb fit on 4G15 engine?

AeroDek

Known Member
Jan 22, 2009
1.If the 4G91 in good condition,I think its quite good deal if juz swap & pay the transplant cost.
2.4G91 & 4G15 are totally different in wiring or the injection intake or the head.

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
bro,
for me its not worth it, now you are using injection, so its mean that you are downgrade your engine to carb.. its better if you changing to 4g91 injection..

engine wiring between injection and carb are different, head also different...

squintex

Jan 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
can 4g91 engine use 4g15 wiring, ecu, and injection? dont worry about the intake manifold cuz i can mod it to match 4g91 head.

im not going to use 4g15 injection and wiring on the 4g91 engine forever. after a while i will change to 4g91 or go for better injection and wiring. its just for the time being i wanna swap fast cuz scare he swap with other ppl.

but still im not gonna make any decision first, need to ask all the sifoo in here first. what can be done and cant be done.

tq

cptadur

Feb 27, 2009
from my experience, when i convert my 4g13 to 4g91, i've used bak my 4g13 wiring on the 4g91 engine and it works well. both of them are injection. so its either you find the component to convert u carbie to an injection or search for carbie wiring.. but for me its better to use injection then using carbie.. just my 2cent..

squintex

Jan 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
4g15 runs on MAP
4g91 runs on MAF

where got same wiring??...
i never mention they got same wiring. i said i wanna use 4g15 wiring on 4g91 engine. why everyone main point is "wiring different". i've always known that. see 1st post la. give some educational advices pls.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I just bought a satia GTi with an Evo 3 engine inside. The Muffler is HKS super dragger without centre bullet connected straight 3" piping, and the sound is VROoommmm!!!!!!!! :shocked:

I get caught summon many times til i scared. Cause in johor :angry_smile: police are very thristy now a days.

Can some1 please tell me wat's the legal spec of the exhaust size & sound?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience