Suspension setup question...

jackisblack

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
kuala lumpur
adf.ly
like me..i use tein HA..for corolla..spring rate is 8kg front,6.5kg rear..front setup is more harder than rear..coz,the engine weight..

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

it depend on your comfortness...if ur adjustable got soft/hard...use it..and compare it by trying every level until u r satisfied..

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
may i know how high is the high speed you were defining? and which part of malaysia's highway you were cruising normally?

luqae

Known Member
Dec 4, 2008
I think for highway u should set it as hard as u can both rear and front(means how bumpy and back pain u can handle) as u are not going to corner that much, set it to understeer a bit cause oversteer is dangerous in high speed, but when setting the suspension as hard as possible u should also take into consideration of our weather as to get more grip on wet surface u need softer setting, and since u are talking about highway speed bump and pothole should not come into consideration. and make it as low as u can as it would be more stable.

zane_al

Known Member
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think for highway u should set it as hard as u can both rear and front(means how bumpy and back pain u can handle) as u are not going to corner that much, set it to understeer a bit cause oversteer is dangerous in high speed, but when setting the suspension as hard as possible u should also take into consideration of our weather as to get more grip on wet surface u need softer setting, and since u are talking about highway speed bump and pothole should not come into consideration. and make it as low as u can as it would be more stable.
Third world highways - there's bound to be bumps and maybe potholes too, so make sure you don't overpressure your tyres.
Otherwise hitting a bump at 180kmh with stiff suspension/tyres can be nerve wrecking.

aycy

3,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2006
Penang / Butterworth
www.facebook.com
like me..i use tein HA..for corolla..spring rate is 8kg front,6.5kg rear..front setup is more harder than rear..coz,the engine weight..

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

it depend on your comfortness...if ur adjustable got soft/hard...use it..and compare it by trying every level until u r satisfied..
my adjustable is soft/hard. so normally is suspension front set harder then the back?

may i know how high is the high speed you were defining? and which part of malaysia's highway you were cruising normally?
PLUS highway mostly. 180-200km/h cruising. actually i was confused, should the back softer or the front? diff ppl tell me diff story. so just ask other evo taiko here see what is their settings.

car already quite low. how to know its a understeer or oversteer settings?

Third world highways - there's bound to be bumps and maybe potholes too, so make sure you don't overpressure your tyres.
Otherwise hitting a bump at 180kmh with stiff suspension/tyres can be nerve wrecking.
will check on that...

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Bro aycy I m getting the m7 suspension as well to replace the stock bilsteins. So far any comment from you? Cornering stability?driving comfort?

180km/h cruising wowwww u r burning a lot of Ron 97 there haha. What's the milage with that speed?

For 140 - 160km/h cruise I m getting 420km

R11

Jun 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone tried the custom suspension setup from RCS (Radical Chassis Solutions) in Sunway? Especially for evo?

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=152209335732

Last week pangyau n myself met with Nandakumar from RCS to discuss reg the best street / track suspension set up for evo.

I think you have to visit this RCS and joyride one of the customer's car (if available) to feel it yourself.

compare to the tein monoflex, the different is like day and night..

the only downside i can see is, your evo has to be on the standard ride height for maximize the custom setup of this suspension.

luqae

Known Member
Dec 4, 2008
car already quite low. how to know its a understeer or oversteer settings?
erm try google understeer and oversteer to understand a bit about them. Then u can set it to understeer or oversteer.

Yea ur right, but he didnt mention about comfort and regardless of our highway condition he said best for highway high speed cruising. so thats the best option. if not go for milder setting, but still maintain the lowest possible ride height and the hardest spring rate u can humanly handle on our road. and the suspension stiffness and height for front and back should be almost level as u dont want it to be too vary as it could result in excessive understeer or oversteer. and im saying this without taking into account of our road condtion, but if u stick to the highway and u can handle the uncomfortable of the ride that would probably cause u head and back pain than go ahead with it.

R11

Jun 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
R11: sound like not bad the RCS thing. U mean the custom spring for our stock suspension? Standred car height is my problem. I like it to be low.
Luqae: roger that...
its not just the spring, but the shock abs and the front camber adjuster as well. they will re-use the OEM suspension top mount.

they can make it low, not a problem, but this will reduce the suspension's performance and ride comfort. They also can customize the suspension for track purpose only, but are not recommended for street / daily driving.

TBH, I'm quite impress after the joyride, and I suggest that you should try the same..

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
i am using monoflex, and cusco anti-roll bar, yes, very stiff drive. but i love it. haha

the front pillow ball gives "metal squeezing" sound after i use it for a year (even i very seldom drive the car). that is really irritating sound, tak boleh tahan.

then, i use back the original front top mount. no more sound, and it soften the ride, a bit more comforable. very nice.

but now can only adjust the front chamber using the original chamber nut, either 1.5 deg or 2.5 deg (if i remember right) . so far so good.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just yesterday, Lotus Cars Malaysia mobilized some of their esteemed owners for an exclusive live viewing of the Malaysian F1 GP at the Equatorial Hotel KL. For this year's F1, Lotus Cars decided they'd have a peaceful private function at the hotel instead and as it turned out, a brilliant call since it was a wet and humid race in Sepang this year...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience