superstrut steering rack problem

EDRA

500 RPM

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
friends,

i have problem with my right tie rod connector atau inner rod (not remember the name) as per picture. that already kong i thing. its loose 1/4 inch when i goyang. as i see tie rod and inner rod for superstrut different with macpherson. inner rod for m/p longer than superstrut and tie rod for m/p shorter than superstrut.

1. if i change all inner rod and tie rod macpherson to superstrut rack is it possible?

2. anybody have this problem before?

3. is it can interchange with macpherson inner rod and tie rod?

Attachments

KHWONG

3,000 RPM

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
hey bro. this rod u cant find 1 la.. go chop shop find1 ss steering rack back n change it lo .. faster way..

or u can go try to mod other car inner rod into it.. i know someone did it be4..

thanks

ss forever

scomatic

2,000 RPM

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
hey bro. this rod u cant find 1 la.. go chop shop find1 ss steering rack back n change it lo .. faster way..

or u can go try to mod other car inner rod into it.. i know someone did it be4..

thanks

ss forever
YES... u are right... find another set le... easy...

EDRA

500 RPM

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
to find it not easy like what u said bro. thats why i am asking about that. even if i found that steering rack set the condition not % good. now i am not using superstrut set, only steering rack from superstrut i used. now i am planning to change the inner rod and tie rod both side. i means macpherson inner and tie rod because cannot find superstrut one at sparepart shop. but i dont know its can fix or not that thing to superstrut rack. anyone have tried to change it before?

KHWONG

3,000 RPM

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
to find it not easy like what u said bro. thats why i am asking about that. even if i found that steering rack set the condition not % good. now i am not using superstrut set, only steering rack from superstrut i used. now i am planning to change the inner rod and tie rod both side. i means macpherson inner and tie rod because cannot find superstrut one at sparepart shop. but i dont know its can fix or not that thing to superstrut rack. anyone have tried to change it before?
:idea::idea::idea:
u not using ss ... then lagi senang...

go find 1 ae101 streering rack.. macpherson leg.. throw inside.. then next time u can find new spare parts..

thanks

scomatic

2,000 RPM

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
huh? not using SS? More easy la... you can take from AE92, 101 and 111 steering rack ma...
If not mistaken, from local AE101 or even AE111 also can be use...

Anyway, may i know SS steering rack and non-SS steering rack got any different? Because previously was using non-ss steering rack..., then faulty and change to used SS steering rack without mod and used at my SE le... Even i go to measurement also no different...:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

BDK8671

Known Member

BDK8671

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
i got some comment ......cuz i using SS steering rack with macpherson leg b4 ........i think the different in the " turning point " ....due to the tie rod diff. design ........

after i change back to non-SS steering rack ...the turning point much more ......

scottwrx

500 RPM

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
i got some comment ......cuz i using SS steering rack with macpherson leg b4 ........i think the different in the " turning point " ....due to the tie rod diff. design ........

after i change back to non-SS steering rack ...the turning point much more ......
now i know why my turning radius is so big liao... u turn sometimes need to turn two times... will change to macpherson steering rack...

bro edra... interested wif my steering rack ar? hehehe...

normality78

3,000 RPM

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
how i wish to able to use non SS steering rack on my SS setup.

levin818

1,000 RPM

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
SS has its own steering rack? I last time bought one BT's from chop shop and it just "plug n play" le. Perhaps i was lucky.
If yours loosen when goyang ( i assume you are referring to steering and not other tingy :biggrin:), it should be your steering column giving you troubles not the steering rack. My car had similar problem and I bet with my mech (steering rack or column). He loose hehe...

EDRA

500 RPM

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
may i know how much for ae101 steering rack non ss? is it can fit to steering shaft ss one?
what i learned before from my bt convertion steering shaft for local ee100 thinner than ss shaft. but that ee100 non power steering. i dont know lah power steering local seg same shaft or not with ss shaft. any one can clear this?

mfauzi_s

mfauzi_s

Jun 1, 2006
i think u can use normal bold head & tie rod end from ae92, ae101, ae111 to joint ss steering rack. because i use 3 years for ss steering rack with normal bold head & tie rod end and no modification need to do. just pnp.

KHWONG

3,000 RPM

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
waoh. good info bro fauzi..

the die rod same lenght with the ss die rod?

EDRA

500 RPM

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
kh wong if change only tie rod cannot fit because too short. have to change together with rack end (inner rod). cost almost same h/cut local seg steering rack but u will get new rack end and tie rod end. is it true mfauzi?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know where to find this kit?

That including the Gearbox,Rear axle and drive shaft ~

Thanks =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience