Superstrut hell

jeffayn

Mar 27, 2004
all because malaysia road condition lar.....

the more sophisticated the suspension is, the more burden they must handle.....:rofl:

Captain Fast

Apr 9, 2007
Thanks for all your inputs. Have changed back to my old macpherson set kept in the storeroom for months. No noises now! Handling suffers though but I guess I can live with it. :) Tried asking for new parts from Wing Hin and a new super strut part will cost me thousands!

KHWONG

Jun 29, 2006
icic.. wing hing got stock this all this part?

we lost another ss kaki...

BDK8671

Nov 14, 2007
i think Jln Ipoh there can find those SS thing la .........:listen:
but need to order .....:P

Captain Fast

Apr 9, 2007
i think Jln Ipoh there can find those SS thing la .........:listen:
but need to order .....:P
what's the cost?

icic.. wing hing got stock this all this part?

we lost another ss kaki...
they don't stock parts but you can order from them. would actually love to continue with the use of ss but its giving me too much problems already and cost me alot of money to maintain. still have all the parts in my house. when things are better...who knows? ;)

scottwrx

Nov 18, 2007
bro,

r u using single or twin port for macpherson? coz u can transfer twin port to macpherson, only need to do some grinding on the caliper only.. i am also using twin port with macpherson, so far no problems lah... coz takut with ss.. hehehe...

Captain Fast

Apr 9, 2007
am now using twinpot with macpherson...skimmed the disc to fit...IMO the best option! scared with SS too but now can feel the difference in handling...maybe next time change to an adjustable or something :P

normality78

khwong sifu,
i may going back for SS once again. can find me cun cun set ar?

KHWONG

Jun 29, 2006
khwong sifu,
i may going back for SS once again. can find me cun cun set ar?
u r the realy ss sifu long time ago..

now going to get bigger engine.. really need something can good in cornering right/.. ss still the best ..

haahahha

SEG86

Mar 26, 2005
KEPONG
im using SS also ..
but .. i also find chopshop part of the bearing .. which love to kik kik kuk kuk :banghead:
driving nosisy abit:driver:
now .. i standby 1 pair alr of the arm :nurse:

normality78

since toyota also very common in Thai, anyone thought of looking for the new SS parts in Thai?

KHWONG

Jun 29, 2006
since toyota also very common in Thai, anyone thought of looking for the new SS parts in Thai?
yeah yeah.. got any lubang..

someone going to shift back to SS. hahah good good.. welcome to ss family

futeball

Jun 2, 2006
www.4aeoc.org
Captain Fast - How much cost for converting from SS to McP?

normality78

ok back to SS..... i got 1 question.

Whn change from Mcpherson to SS, we change entire crossmember right? Do we need to drill any hole at the SS crossmember so tat it can be install?

KHWONG

Jun 29, 2006
ok back to SS..... i got 1 question.

Whn change from Mcpherson to SS, we change entire crossmember right? Do we need to drill any hole at the SS crossmember so tat it can be install?
as i told u .. u need to change entire cross member , knuckle, steering rack, antiroll bar, those lower arm or etc item

and u need to either drilled a hole or do as wat i do...

there 1 some ppl modify the cross member to solve that tat additional screww by welding it onto the crossmember.. this methos is 100% not recommended.. u will regret i future is u did like this..

ss forever

'(00): What looks to be a nice and clean E63 BMW 6 with an assortment of aesthetics. Namely, the Alpina front add-on and M6 mirrors parked just outside Bangsar Shopping Centre, while sporting a nice single digit Johor plate.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...