Superstrut hell

levin818

Nov 29, 2003
The biggest enemy for SS lower arms are hammer and water. If you direct hit the ball joint with hammer (in order to separate it from the halfcut) the ball joint will get kill instantly! Some mech like to do that because it just greatly cut down their work time. If this happened, you will get kok kok sound coming from the suspension.
To avoid the above problem, some smarter mech tends to side hit the ball joint (to apply impact to separate the arms) but most of the time the ball joint's rubber cover will get hit at the same time. This will slightly lifted the rubber and allow water to seep inside and damage the moving part (and you will get eeek eeeek sound), especially during raining season. This explain why some ppl blame that SS lower arms only last for a year.
So if you want to have a longer lasting and hassle free lower arms, ALWAYS USE A PULLER!!!

KHWONG

Jun 29, 2006
no offense!

if you know the proper way to use hammer on it.. it wont harmful on the joint.. those mech dont understand or cut work will hit directly to the point then sure give you problem.hahahha

dont have many mech will to buy all this special puller just for SS.. hahahaha..

Special workshop for professional tools then the charges also will also increase due to the tooling .. hahha

happy SS .. i also dont how long i will use SS.. but i has been use for more than 5 years.

god bless me

xMika

Feb 28, 2010
Dont minding paying more for quality tools hehe ....maybe I buy the tools and do it myself ... I got the full tutorial on how to repair superstruts on celica st20x

scottwrx

Nov 18, 2007
SS is still the best setting for those who are looking for handling... and trust me, you wont be dissapointed!! been using SS for years now, got knocking sound sometimes, but the handling is worth the effort!! can corner like no body's business... hahaha... find a reliable mechanic or spend some money for the tools...

xMika

Feb 28, 2010
superstrut hell !:rofl: cant wait to try out the superstruts ~ another 2 weeks to complete my car ~

me2kimi

Jun 25, 2007
hi all SS user. how do you all adjust camber angle on SS?

xMika

Feb 28, 2010
I think no point trying to adjust camber on Superstrut because it will stay at 90degree right angle to the road lol ..

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
The biggest enemy for SS lower arms are hammer and water. If you direct hit the ball joint with hammer (in order to separate it from the halfcut) the ball joint will get kill instantly! Some mech like to do that because it just greatly cut down their work time. If this happened, you will get kok kok sound coming from the suspension.
To avoid the above problem, some smarter mech tends to side hit the ball joint (to apply impact to separate the arms) but most of the time the ball joint's rubber cover will get hit at the same time. This will slightly lifted the rubber and allow water to seep inside and damage the moving part (and you will get eeek eeeek sound), especially during raining season. This explain why some ppl blame that SS lower arms only last for a year.
So if you want to have a longer lasting and hassle free lower arms, ALWAYS USE A PULLER!!!
how much u buy the tools?

i might change to SS :biggrin:

xMika

Feb 28, 2010
its quite easy to get super strut arms isnt it .. just look for ST202 or ST205 which is quite common in halfcut shops ..

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
its quite easy to get super strut arms isnt it .. just look for ST202 or ST205 which is quite common in halfcut shops ..
my car is ae101.. can interchange meh?

Eibach sucks

Eibach pro kit for putra.
Front - 2 fingers.
Rear - 5 fingers.

Just after a week, the front started to give "ekkkk ekkkkkk" sound on the driver side whenever i pass through road bumps or uneven road. And what's more? The ABS light also blinks occasionally (wheel touching the ABS wire until it hurts). I went to tyre shop and asked them to put rubber. But the annoying sound is still there. Dunno whether the Monroe absorber already kong or not. But there's no sign of any...