SUPER CHEAP brake pads for muh calipers

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
boys n girls... i bought these calipers awhile back

theyre nissan silvia calipers...not sure which version of silvia though

i need to find brake pads for them... and i need the absolute CHEAPEST pads..i dont need it to be good for sepang etc... just good enough for normal drive. and i just need them as a temporary measure... as i need to change my rotors as well so planning to do endless 550c and new rotos together... dun wan the endless to be "contaminated" by the current rotors hahahahha

so seriously need the cheapest, useable, workable brake pads. can be lauya brand or unbranded etc oso dun mind... as long as its safe enough for normal road use.

any place in mid valley - BT3 shah alam or in between would be awesome...pls state price as well if u know... thanks

(or if anyone has cheap 2nd hand pads they wanna sell i might consider as well)

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Recommend bendix CT.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
how cheap are those pads? and where to get them?

i dont need them to last long...dun care about dust.. just must be safe enough for normal road use....i might end up only using them for about a week or 2 (depending on how long it takes for me to find the new rotors)

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
thanks...

awaiting for more recommendations :D

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Buy Bosch.

For Myvi size it's only a paltry RM35 a set. For Nissan shouldn't be too far off.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
wats in the picture is wat i have... and spring, bracket?? which one is this? coz i showed the picture to another pomen n he say yeah its enough

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the + metal piece.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

cos i have a set of those calipers too but 1 spring is missing. therefore i loose value on the product.
but my fren say still able to use without the springs....not sure is it true anot. can try asking your foreman...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
dont think i have those.. i did ask about them to a mechanic friend and he said those 2 pins are enough... dont really need the rest.

but im getting the caliper serviced before i install them...wondering if theyre available in the service kit

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
those calipers are from either S14/S15, they are the same, the only differences is that s15 has slightly bigger discs.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

and there is another bracket that holds the brake pads (not the one showed in the pic)....do u have it too?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
which one??? do u mean the thin metal piece that sits between the pad and the piston? that one no have.

anyway, like i said... all i have is wats in the picture... nothing else.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
the metal piece or the plate or called spring must be used, it somehow (from my shallow knowledge) to push the pad back into position after brake is not applied....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ax XX said:
I did my silver car via an authorised Mxxxxxxxx detail shop. 3 to 4 layers coated on it but frankly speaking I do not like the outcome. The paint turns 'sandly feel' in less than 2 months. What I do to preserve the smooth surface is coat it up by 'Pxxxx Sxxxx' once or twice a month.

Hi Buddy
thanks for bringing up - 2 issue i would like to clear up here

There is no such myths of 3-4 "layer coat " or 3 or 4 steps
(what ever malaysia car wash / polish centre)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience