Suitable absorber for wira 1.5

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
Hi all Sifu2
I now driving wira 1.5 sedan using waja front kyb gas absorber with wira SE spring and rear using kyb gas absorber with wira 1.6 spring. Now I get front 3 finger rear 2.5 finger. But when drive in highway feel like abit float, duno whether is stiff or float like not stable.
1. Is it rear absorber is too soft(last year change KYB gas but still soft when pressing rear by hand).

2. I want to lowered my car, if I get sport spring can I get lowered since I am 4g15 engine with big absorber and spring. What I know is Wira SE spring is shorter than wira 1.6/1.8 stock spring.

What is the best solution for my questions. Or choose adjustable, my pomen recommend me to use HWL hlsf 15 step adjustable. But adjustable is out of my budget. Thanks..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi all Sifu2
I now driving wira 1.5 sedan using waja front kyb gas absorber with wira SE spring and rear using kyb gas absorber with wira 1.6 spring. Now I get front 3 finger rear 2.5 finger. But when drive in highway feel like abit float, duno whether is stiff or float like not stable.
1. Is it rear absorber is too soft(last year change KYB gas but still soft when pressing rear by hand).

2. I want to lowered my car, if I get sport spring can I get lowered since I am 4g15 engine with big absorber and spring. What I know is Wira SE spring is shorter than wira 1.6/1.8 stock spring.

What is the best solution for my questions. Or choose adjustable, my pomen recommend me to use HWL hlsf 15 step adjustable. But adjustable is out of my budget. Thanks..
Since you are already using Wira SE front spring, that's already pretty low. The lowest sport spring that I know is the APM Performax. Changing full set APM Performax spring and absorber would make your car really low and will possibly make speed bumps a pain in the ass.

The easiest way to properly lower and get good handling is to change to coilovers and the HWL ones are the cheapest out there. Probably RM1.8k to 2.5k max. Go directly to HWL factory to get it installed, don't go through your mechanic. Cut out the middle man so maybe can get cheaper.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Since you are already using Wira SE front spring, that's already pretty low. The lowest sport spring that I know is the APM Performax. Changing full set APM Performax spring and absorber would make your car really low and will possibly make speed bumps a pain in the ass.

The easiest way to properly lower and get good handling is to change to coilovers and the HWL ones are the cheapest out there. Probably RM1.8k to 2.5k max. Go directly to HWL factory to get it installed, don't go through your mechanic. Cut out the middle man so maybe can get cheaper.
Oh! the factory also sell direct? Won't the dealers make noise?

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang

If i get apm performax spring only, rear I sure will lowered but front only many pomen say very hard to say since big abs and spring, thet recommend me to potong spring

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If i get apm performax spring only, rear I sure will lowered but front only many pomen say very hard to say since big abs and spring, thet recommend me to potong spring
If get springs only the absorber may not last, as not matching, and for any matter, never never never potong the springs.......

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
If get springs only the absorber may not last, as not matching, and for any matter, never never never potong the springs.......
just now I saw have people sell redsuns adjustable high low bodyshift front 6k rear 4k(used condition)...is better go for adjustable?

let say use sport absorber + sport absorber, will feel very bumpy or not

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
just now I saw have people sell redsuns adjustable high low bodyshift front 6k rear 4k(used condition)...is better go for adjustable?

let say use sport absorber + sport absorber, will feel very bumpy or not
Usually lowering springs need to be harder because car is low already, couple with harder absorbers the ride sure will be bumpier. Only thing is to get the correct spring rate to help it to be more comfy....

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
Usually lowering springs need to be harder because car is low already, couple with harder absorbers the ride sure will be bumpier. Only thing is to get the correct spring rate to help it to be more comfy....
Hi low bodyshift adjustable is more harder than sport spring with sport abs?
FYI, my tyre profile is 195/55/15

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh! the factory also sell direct? Won't the dealers make noise?
They don't care since it's just one or two customers max.

What is it you want for your car la? Why want to lower but care about comfort and bumpy ride and all that. If you lower it will affect comfort and if you match it with the wrong absorber it will make the cars life very miserable. Wira SE spring is good but it's old. After a while any old spring will eventually wear out and become soft.

If you have money get HLSH coilovers. If you don't have money - stick with what you have now and leave it la. Save up your money and buy coilovers in future.

Not all coilovers are bumpy and some can be good enough to be comfortable (to some extent) and still handle well. Get those coilovers with bodyshift since you like to make your car low.

If you choose to use APM Performax, use the absorber together with the spring. Don't use the spring only. Normal long stroke absorbers will spoil very fast with APM Performax springs and will not handle very well either.

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
They don't care since it's just one or two customers max.

What is it you want for your car la? Why want to lower but care about comfort and bumpy ride and all that. If you lower it will affect comfort and if you match it with the wrong absorber it will make the cars life very miserable. Wira SE spring is good but it's old. After a while any old spring will eventually wear out and become soft.

If you have money get HLSH coilovers. If you don't have money - stick with what you have now and leave it la. Save up your money and buy coilovers in future.

Not all coilovers are bumpy and some can be good enough to be comfortable (to some extent) and still handle well. Get those coilovers with bodyshift since you like to make your car low.

If you choose to use APM Performax, use the absorber together with the spring. Don't use the spring only. Normal long stroke absorbers will spoil very fast with APM Performax springs and will not handle very well either.
I dun care comfort driving in city, but I want more stable driving in highways.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need u guys help urgently, i just bought a control panel and something look like a relay or resistance.its from lancer. only this two item, i heard can just plug n play to existing satria dashboard. if can install, which button cannot be use from the control panel? how much is the cost to install it? recommend me a mechanic pls. my phone num 013-3973088.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience