Suggestion for 2 ways car alarm

mnymy

Jul 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I am thinking to change my old car alarm but not sure which brand to buy.
Please recommend me one that last long and good remote response (2 ways alarm).
I'm thinking to get alarm at all time even at night cause I park my car in the basement car park at condo.
Since moved in to KL this year I have lost a pair recaro front seat and Cd/Radio set and fuel when park at the condo.

To start with, is the Steelmate 2 ways alarm is good?

Last edited:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Steelmade would be intermediate imho. The condo you are staying definitely has an issue with security, may i know where is that be ?

mnymy

Jul 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks..definitely will study the both brands.

I m staying in between Jalan Klang Lama and Sungai Besi area..bro.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
One of the better choices around by 6GUE5t. Be ready to invest some budget into them. A basic viper i gotten 3years back cost me around 800.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
One of the better choices around by 6GUE5t. Be ready to invest some budget into them. A basic viper i gotten 3years back cost me around 800.
Yup, I'm also using those already >4yrs now, installed by EA Autoworks. Expect to spend upwards of rm2k minimum for alarm, immobilizer, etc2.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Ahh yes i also was installed by Howie. It's a dangerous place to visit, you might end up spending more than your suppose allocated budget. More scary than nasi lemak anak dara

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ahh yes i also was installed by Howie. It's a dangerous place to visit, you might end up spending more than your suppose allocated budget. More scary than nasi lemak anak dara
Hahaha but I was prepared that time to spend coz security system is important. His workmanship is also pretty good.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I got a set of Viper 791xv laying here collecting dust, if you're keen can sell you for the price of the steelmates..lol..

I paid over 2k for it back then.

mnymy

Jul 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks ixeo for the offer..will let u know in due time.
Most important is for me to get warn all times..2 ways alarm will do the job.
Few weeks ago I modified my cable release bonet so the culprite cannot open my bonet to disable the battery..

Question..the Viper, does it come with engine start function..if yes, is there any problem if I not to connect the auto function? Just dont want to mess with the starter wire..any opinion?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
A coincidence topic interests me because one of my housemates car stolen just two day ago in Kelana Jaya area. Dang it

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
A coincidence topic interests me because one of my housemates car stolen just two day ago in Kelana Jaya area. Dang it
Alarm will slow them down but still not full proof. My mechanic got one client, his Evo 6.5 stolen from his Condo. Got SMS alert, GPS tracker still got stolen....:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Alarm will slow them down but still not full proof. My mechanic got one client, his Evo 6.5 stolen from his Condo. Got SMS alert, GPS tracker still got stolen....:banghead:
Well true but at least you've done the max you can, that's all we can do. If still got stolen then that's just unfortunate. That Evo must be in very good condition to attract theft.

mnymy

Jul 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Agreed..Vr2turbo ..if somebody really want it..they can always find the way.
If U park in the Condo secured parking lot..do not leave your gate card in the car. Do also give a friendly smile to the guard..it will helps the guard to know U and the car..if somebody driving ur car through the gate at least the guard can notice it..Im doing it myself...the alarm thing is to make U sleep better..I think.:sleep:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i read that we can remove small dent from car body using dry ice....

any1 try b4? :biggrin:

Bump: youtube

know where can buy this type of ice in serdang? or need to rob guy selling icecream? :confused:

Bump: youtube

know where can buy this type of ice in serdang? or need to rob guy selling icecream? :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience