Subaru Legacy BP5/BL5

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Sorry, wht is MI?? So if i get BP5, i have to use RON97?
MI = Motor Image Malaysia

JDM is on Ron100 in japan, minimal Ron97 also can cause engine check light on full boost assuming never tune. But can be detune to run Ron95 no problem.

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
ooo i seee, since all of you guys Subaru expert. i would like to ask, how much would it cost just for a standard services? wht is the budget like?? is it the same to maintain as the conti car?. I really love BP5 though.:biggrin:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Apple to apple, 4wd to 4wd, its nothing diff. I would say cheaper then conti depend on the part u choose, i put it in better perspective say timing belt kit with waterpump ori subaru vs gates with japan made water pump is rm2k+ diff between them. Normal maintenance is +-rm300 every 5k km, GB oil + F/R diff +-rm500 every 25K km, should keep them in tip top shape, normal wear n tear is unavoidable so its depend on the car n how well the pre-owner maintain it, after all its 10year old for the 1st model bp5, if u bought a lemon u can't say the orange is no good.

There some common problem with power steering pump on all newage subaru till ver10 grb, need to chg oil regularly to keep it problem free. Other then that its down to how well the pre-owner maintain it.

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
Apple to apple, 4wd to 4wd, its nothing diff. I would say cheaper then conti depend on the part u choose, i put it in better perspective say timing belt kit with waterpump ori subaru vs gates with japan made water pump is rm2k+ diff between them. Normal maintenance is +-rm300 every 5k km, GB oil + F/R diff +-rm500 every 25K km, should keep them in tip top shape, normal wear n tear is unavoidable so its depend on the car n how well the pre-owner maintain it, after all its 10year old for the 1st model bp5, if u bought a lemon u can't say the orange is no good.

There some common problem with power steering pump on all newage subaru till ver10 grb, need to chg oil regularly to keep it problem free. Other then that its down to how well the pre-owner maintain it.
Great info broo, thanks and much appreciated. Currently im using Volvo S60 2005, soo pretty much maintenance is almost the same, but the diff BP5 is 4wd. If i change to BP5, does not make any different since both age is almost the same.

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Was told the same thing by AE.

Went to AE for checkup, car confirmed accident free, engine & gearbox problem free. But steering feels a bit heavy during idle & parking. No leak spotted but was told by AE this is common problem up to Impreza version 10. New pump will cost RM2k++, chop shop RM1.8k.

Quick check on the overseas forums shows solution ranging from flushing, tightening belt to tightening bolt. No pump replacement mentioned.

Anyways, anyone care to share how many mm tyre-to-fender clearance for a spec.B JDM?

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Filled up with Shell FuelSave 95 when odomoter shows still 70km worth of fuel in tank (no fuel warning light yet).

Full tank is 51.45 litre.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Was told the same thing by AE.

Went to AE for checkup, car confirmed accident free, engine & gearbox problem free. But steering feels a bit heavy during idle & parking. No leak spotted but was told by AE this is common problem up to Impreza version 10. New pump will cost RM2k++, chop shop RM1.8k.

Quick check on the overseas forums shows solution ranging from flushing, tightening belt to tightening bolt. No pump replacement mentioned.

Anyways, anyone care to share how many mm tyre-to-fender clearance for a spec.B JDM?

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Filled up with Shell FuelSave 95 when odomoter shows still 70km worth of fuel in tank (no fuel warning light yet).

Full tank is 51.45 litre.
P/S pump can be serviced, chg oil seal etc... Keeping the fluid fresh is the key here.

Stock spec-b 18'' is 18x7 ET53, u can go for ET45 without rubbing fender.

Advice to not use shell ron95, alot of member had problem with fuel quality, endding with engine limp mode etc... I personally ban shell. But its up to u.

Happy boosting...

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
P/S pump can be serviced, chg oil seal etc... Keeping the fluid fresh is the key here.

Stock spec-b 18'' is 18x7 ET53, u can go for ET45 without rubbing fender.

Advice to not use shell ron95, alot of member had problem with fuel quality, endding with engine limp mode etc... I personally ban shell. But its up to u.
Changed wheels to 17x9 ET30 last Saturday, poked. Surprisingly rubbed at the back but not at the front.

Changed wheels to 17x7.5 ET42 on Sunday and doesn't rub at all. Happy.

First report of full tank:
Fill up: with 70km worth of fuel left
Refill: with 70km worth of fuel left
Fuel brand: Shell FuelSave 95
SI Drive mode: Sport
Distance travelled: 435.6km
Fuel quantity: 51.45 litre
L/100km: 11.81 (50% urban, 50% highway)

Manufacturer claim: 13.1 (urban), 9.4 (highway)

Just filled up with Caltex Premium 95 with Techron at 7pm.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Changed wheels to 17x9 ET30 last Saturday, poked. Surprisingly rubbed at the back but not at the front.

Changed wheels to 17x7.5 ET42 on Sunday and doesn't rub at all. Happy.

First report of full tank:
Fill up: with 70km worth of fuel left
Refill: with 70km worth of fuel left
Fuel brand: Shell FuelSave 95
SI Drive mode: Sport
Distance travelled: 435.6km
Fuel quantity: 51.45 litre
L/100km: 11.81 (50% urban, 50% highway)

Manufacturer claim: 13.1 (urban), 9.4 (highway)

Just filled up with Caltex Premium 95 with Techron at 7pm.
Full tank get u 4xxkm is normal, but the fuel trip meter not accurate just a estimation.

I always fill up when the light came on.

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Totally overlooked the fact that Subaru's wheel offset and width fitment is very different than other cars.

In a RWD Toyota, I can put wheels below +15.
In a Civic, I can put 7.5 width +32 offset and it sits flush with the fender.
In an Airtrek, I can get away with 8.5 width +28 offset. Poked at the front but never rubbed.

But in a Subaru, the OEM wheel is +55. Wut? Always thought +4x is too much hiding.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Totally overlooked the fact that Subaru's wheel offset and width fitment is very different than other cars.

In a RWD Toyota, I can put wheels below +15.
In a Civic, I can put 7.5 width +32 offset and it sits flush with the fender.
In an Airtrek, I can get away with 8.5 width +28 offset. Poked at the front but never rubbed.

But in a Subaru, the OEM wheel is +55. Wut? Always thought +4x is too much hiding.
Imprezza sti can use up to +2x 9jj

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
Sorry, wht is MI?? So if i get BP5, i have to use RON97?
MI= Motor Image....official Subaru Dealer here in Msia & Singapore....:D...

RON97 for optimum performance. If wanna use ron95, u need to reflash / remap ur ecu (power will drop)....:D....

cooper1275

1,000 RPM
Jan 19, 2006
hi guys,

still trying to get Legacy wagon, where do i get parts in KL/Selangor?

Scooby reliable workshop recommend pls,,,, tq.v.m.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help here on throttle body conversion, which i dont know if theres any existed post. so, if theres any post related to this please send me the link.

so, heres my case,

I'm using a 2000 proton satria 1.3 manual
-stock throttle body(reconditioned), unserviceable ISC(idle step controller)
-3rd throttle body in 2 years, and i'm sick of it.

i was thinking of looking for a bigger size throttle body, from the halfcut available.

question:
-does any of these throttle body fits...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience