Subaru Impreza (GDB) WRX 2006 2.0T with Automatic Transmission ?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
There are few things that I felt not right with this car. First of all, it says year 2007 but that is not the truth because in middle of 2005, GD chassis Impreza had already undergone the 2nd facelift (Version 9) which is known as hawkeye for some people. The one that is for sale is the 1st facelift (Version 8) that is manufactured in 2003 to 2005. From the interior air conditioning switches and rear wheel arch, I can tell that this is an early version of Version 8 because there is actually 2 versions of Version 8. The later version of Version 8, also known as Version 8.5 is more similar to Version 9. The interior is same as Version 9, PCD was changed to 100 compared to 114.3 before and there is this rear wheel arch extension. I'll put in some photo for you to differentiate the rear wheel arch.

Version 8.5 with the extended wheel arch similar to Version 9.

Version 8 without the extended wheel arch.

But whether is this applicable to WRX or not, I'm not too sure. I'm basing this on WRX STI. But still, the car is definitely not manufactured in 2007.

Price wise, 42.8k for a GDA WRX auto doesn't feel like it is worth it unless you really want an automatic Subaru Impreza turbo. Because Version 7 and Version 8 WRX STI could be had for a price that is slightly higher than this. WRX STI is better than this WRX in many aspects from chassis to equipment.
How is Legacy B8 compare to this GDA ? Legacy looks like a good alternative to lower profile look.

Thanks,
Ken

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
There are few things that I felt not right with this car. First of all, it says year 2007 but that is not the truth because in middle of 2005, GD chassis Impreza had already undergone the 2nd facelift (Version 9) which is known as hawkeye for some people. The one that is for sale is the 1st facelift (Version 8) that is manufactured in 2003 to 2005. From the interior air conditioning switches and rear wheel arch, I can tell that this is an early version of Version 8 because there is actually 2 versions of Version 8. The later version of Version 8, also known as Version 8.5 is more similar to Version 9. The interior is same as Version 9, PCD was changed to 100 compared to 114.3 before and there is this rear wheel arch extension. I'll put in some photo for you to differentiate the rear wheel arch.

Version 8.5 with the extended wheel arch similar to Version 9.

Version 8 without the extended wheel arch.

But whether is this applicable to WRX or not, I'm not too sure. I'm basing this on WRX STI. But still, the car is definitely not manufactured in 2007.

Price wise, 42.8k for a GDA WRX auto doesn't feel like it is worth it unless you really want an automatic Subaru Impreza turbo. Because Version 7 and Version 8 WRX STI could be had for a price that is slightly higher than this. WRX STI is better than this WRX in many aspects from chassis to equipment.
Hehehe you do know a lot about WRX STI. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
For manufacturing year, the VIN plate and seat belt label can help as well.
2005 was the last year of the ver8s and phase in of the ver 9s.

For the GDA WRX, there were no wider wheel arches and wheel PCD remained at 5x100.
If they are same as GDB, then the chassis number should tell about the manufactured year. Like GDB-A, GDB-B, GDB-C and so on.

You are very knowledgeable about Impreza. Do you own one yourself?:adore:

2003, but maybe registered 2007?:hmmmm:
That is most probably the reason. But then it should be written as registered in 2007, not manufactured.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
How is Legacy B8 compare to this GDA ? Legacy looks like a good alternative to lower profile look.

Thanks,
Ken
Legacy is a heavier car but it produces more power than GDA WRX. It is also larger and I believe more comfortable than WRX. If you manage to get a Spec B version, you can even get gold Brembo brakes similar to those found in WRX STI. With that said, i believe going for Legacy is better than going for a GDA WRX auto.

Hehehe you do know a lot about WRX STI. :biggrin:
Same like how you know a lot about Lancer Evolution, hahahaha. :biggrin:

But I think Smuldge sifu here knows more than I do.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Same like how you know a lot about Lancer Evolution, hahahaha. :biggrin:

But I think Smuldge sifu here knows more than I do.
Evos are easier to know more coz have a lot less versions than WRX. Even so I only know just the surface of it coz not fortunate enough to own one yet. Someday maybe...what a lovely day that would be....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Evos are easier to know more coz have a lot less versions than WRX. Even so I only know just the surface of it coz not fortunate enough to own one yet. Someday maybe...what a lovely day that would be....
Specs for Evo are also similar across all market I think. Unlike Impreza where the engine is different for the Japanese market. I think for Impreza, getting info on WRX STI is easier than WRX. WRX always seems to be like the forgotten one since it is somewhere in the middle of a normal Impreza and the high performance WRX STI.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Specs for Evo are also similar across all market I think. Unlike Impreza where the engine is different for the Japanese market. I think for Impreza, getting info on WRX STI is easier than WRX. WRX always seems to be like the forgotten one since it is somewhere in the middle of a normal Impreza and the high performance WRX STI.
Yes, that's why it's also much easier to know more about Evos than WRX. WRX got so many differrent versions with small differences here and there, I just cannot remember already. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes, that's why it's also much easier to know more about Evos than WRX. WRX got so many differrent versions with small differences here and there, I just cannot remember already. :biggrin:
There are also a lot of special releases from time to time for STI. Spec C, S20x series, Type RA...

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Legacy is a heavier car but it produces more power than GDA WRX. It is also larger and I believe more comfortable than WRX. If you manage to get a Spec B version, you can even get gold Brembo brakes similar to those found in WRX STI. With that said, i believe going for Legacy is better than going for a GDA WRX auto.

Legacy is more like a mature man's performance sedan, lots of trunk space and rear space. Price wise is around 80k for 2008 ver.

Smuldge

Sep 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
There is also the Legacy S402 if you need more performance with the joy of having more space and comfort compared to an Impreza ! But I believe it is harder to find than a S204 WRX Sti.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
didnt read thhe comments before this but thats a wrx, basic telltales
-intake runners not red (note that red paint does tend to come off & it can be painted but both parts are identical)
-that intake is dif from an sti intake
anyway he didnt advertise it as an sti in the first place
Quite clear that this is not a STI model. But I think the question we are wondering about earlier is whether is this Impreza originally a GDA WRX or just a normal 1.6/2.0 NA but converted to WRX turbo?

Legacy is more like a mature man's performance sedan, lots of trunk space and rear space. Price wise is around 80k for 2008 ver.
2008 Legacy? So I guess you are referring to BM9 or BR9 Legacy. If you search for the older BL5 or BP5, then it can be had for around 50k.

BM9

BR9

There is also the Legacy S402 if you need more performance with the joy of having more space and comfort compared to an Impreza ! But I believe it is harder to find than a S204 WRX Sti.
S401 and S402 Legacy are almost non existent over here. Never heard of anyone seeing or owning one before. These cars are very rare I believe. Probably most of them are still residing in Japan. For Impreza, there are quite many S203 and S204 here. Occasionally can see them being sold at Mudah. But S202 seems to be more rare.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Quite clear that this is not a STI model. But I think the question we are wondering about earlier is whether is this Impreza originally a GDA WRX or just a normal 1.6/2.0 NA but converted to WRX turbo?

2008 Legacy? So I guess you are referring to BM9 or BR9 Legacy. If you search for the older BL5 or BP5, then it can be had for around 50k.

BM9

BR9

S401 and S402 Legacy are almost non existent over here. Never heard of anyone seeing or owning one before. These cars are very rare I believe. Probably most of them are still residing in Japan. For Impreza, there are quite many S203 and S204 here. Occasionally can see them being sold at Mudah. But S202 seems to be more rare.
Hi,

I am refering to Subaru Legacy BL5, sleeper look with boxer growling :love:.

By the way, the GDA that i posted is actually original according to the seller. Have yet to view the car, he said couple of units like this came from Japan and SG.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When looking at oversea selling Motul 800 road racing 2T for +-US$17 and we are getting it at +-RM133 per bottle, I think it is too much. So, I'm wondering if volume can bring down the price a bit. Mix product purchasing also can, like x bottle of different engine oil + x bottle of different 2T.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience