Subaru and Tan Chong group sign MoU to CKD Subaru model locally

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The parent company of Subaru, Fuji Heavy Industries, has just announced that it has penned a memorandum of understanding with the Tan Chong Group to locally assemble an unnamed compact SUV from its line-up.

Although the only SUV available in the Subaru line-up currently is the Forester, the vehicle in question could be the Impreza-based crossover that was previewed by the XV concept at the Shanghai Auto Show in April.

Assembly of the SUV locally will begin in October 2012 at an existing Tan Chong production facility, which will be the Serendah plant, with an initial production capacity of 5,000 units. The vehicles will be sold locally as well as in regional markets such as Thailand and Indonesia.

The partnership between Fuji Heavy Industries and Tan Chong Group was established back in 1987 when the latter was appointed as the official Subaru distributor in Singapore. Since then, the Tan Chong Group has expanded its network to cover Cambodia, Southern China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam for the sales of Subaru as well as Nissan vehicles.

Source: CarScoop

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeahhhh..

this long awaited newssssssss.....

long live subaru...(as long as maintain those boxer signature)

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
Especially the Impreza,luv d engine sound! :biggrin:

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
Will it be? If yes,then what's the price gonna be?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
maybe as example now CBU subaru legacy reaching 280k....might get down to 180k or much less????

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
this model will assemble in tan chong motor at segambut.. not rawang. same factory with nissan livina, navira etc... info from someone who kerja kilang there.....

segambut : livina, navira, van, .. 90% "handmade"
rawang : sylphy, sentra etc.. more robot

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
more affordable subaru coming our way!..great!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All the sifus in here.....you all really know what yur talking about so i was hoping you all could just giveme some advice...by the way im new in here ...

I drive a Wira SE auto (1.5)....i have chnaged to K&N filter and also remove my cat conv...so far the results were marginal...i was wondering whether i should remove my mid box as well and replace with a bullet....im actually looking for better performance and also a louder (basier) sound...will removing the mid box help? i was told auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience