Strong fuel smell....

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Once you open up the back seat you will be able to see the return & supply hoses and any cracks in the plastic unit. If it was the hoses the smell would be there permanantly. But this only happens when its filled to the brim.

So go and check when you have just filled up. The straight away go back home open up the rear seat and metal fuel protection cover then start the engine and inspect.

I was thinking of using epoxy, but the problem is that its a very fine hair line crack and epoxy is too thick to flow into the crack. I suggest:

1. Drive the car until the fuel has gone down.

2. Use high quality super glue like bostik or selleys. Don't use the cheap RM2 shop china type. And yes there is a big difference in quality. Seal up the crack and slowly apply making sure you seal it up properly.

3. Once fully cure for a day then epoxy over the super glue.

I have just used super glue and until now it has worked well and no problems so far.

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
try what 12savefuel suggested 1st, do keep us updated if u able to solve it.

experienced on my friend car b4. accident history. and the exhaust piping cracked. and somehow the gas seeps into the cabin. but that guy is so stiff necked that he still continue driving it >.<

dee889

Sep 10, 2008
KL
Managed to find the the root cause..yea Bro 12savefuel, you are right. Hairline crack at the fuel hose connector. Did the same as what you suggested. Wiil fill up full again and see how it goes ...

Damaged to the rear seat

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Wah bro, your car looks damn dirty man. Mine didn't look so bad as yours. But good you found the leak. If the leak can't be fixed, then call up Sim Ghee and ask for Fuel Float Assembly. I think it was RM150-200+ when I asked. Can't really remember.

Good luck.

dee889

Sep 10, 2008
KL
Wah bro, your car looks damn dirty man. Mine didn't look so bad as yours. But good you found the leak. If the leak can't be fixed, then call up Sim Ghee and ask for Fuel Float Assembly. I think it was RM150-200+ when I asked. Can't really remember.

Good luck.
Hahahaha...me also terkejut when first open it up (just own this fatty 2 months +). Yup, was thinking the same. Thanks bro..!

dee889

Sep 10, 2008
KL
3 times top up full....so far so good. It works! Thanks again Bro 12savefuel...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey fellow ztrians, can i use the normal wax or polish for any carbon fibre products..or must i get any special ones? and how do i distinguish which is a quality carbon fibre and which is the ciplak one?thanks for the info
:lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience