Strange sound from clutch and absorber...

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
Strange sound from clutch or gearbox...

hello all sifu...

CLUTCH
its got a "kruuuuuuuuk"(long and some at the end) when i release gas paddle and RPM at 3.5k to 2.5k...its loud:confused:...but if i push clutch paddle or gas a bit the sound will disappear...anybody know where the sound came from?...

already change gearbox,pressure plate,flywheel and clutch plate...the sound still there...

thanks...

Last edited:

celicacultus

May 2, 2006
I suggest you take your car to your usual mechanic and drive him around for the noises coz it could be anything. As for the suspension noise : if it happens when you are going into the hole then maybe your anti-roll hitting the lower arm, there will be marks. If it happens when you are coming out of the hole and back to even surface and you only have one hard coil spring without the soft one, maybe it's your absorber max out more than the spring and when compresses back, the spring sits back to the spring seat. Above is just my guessing.

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
ok bro...i try to adjust to the softest mode today...

bout the sound when i release gas did anyone know what the problem?...is it the driveshaft or gearbox got problem?...:confused:

eci4ever

Known Member
Dec 7, 2007
My e3 engine also got sound like that when releasing a gas pedal.
Maybe common e3 penyakit kot.. huhuuu...

I change gearbox oil but the sound is still there..
I getting used to it. almost a year.. hehe

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
really?...u still using the stock clutch or racing clutch?...if u use racing clutch can let me know the brand and type?...the sound is loud or acceptable?...:itsme:

have u ask any workshop bout this problem?...:nurse:

eci4ever

Known Member
Dec 7, 2007
I,m using stock clutch exedy 9'. I dont know whether its clutch or gearbox sound.
About the sound, sometime its quite loud. If drive slowly, the sound is loud.

I've consult foremen about this, they suggest me to change gearbox oil nut the sound still there.
They don't suspect clutch coz gear changing is smooth..

Now i'm suspecting this.. hehee maybe 4wd lock dah longgar...huhuu..
but its just my thought la.. never ask foremen yet...

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
yurp bro...i also have ask some foreman bout this...some say it coz the 4WD lock pecah or longgar...some say driveshaft...some say gearbox problem...dunno which is true...

usually if 4WD lock longgar its hard to shift gear or maybe cannot at all...

eci4ever

Known Member
Dec 7, 2007
yup.. so this sound is still mysterious. For the time being, as far as i can boosting, i'm just ignoring the sound.

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
i cant just ignore coz people looking at my car when i drive slow...really shy la...got a good engine but sound like kong engine...hehe...

drive at bumpy road also got terrible sound...:banghead:

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
i've ask another foreman bout the sound and he said its because the 4WD lock loose...

is it can be the factor?...

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i think im experiencing same symptoms.. got kruk kruk sound and can feel vibration from the floor.. check driveshaft no prob.. mech suspect absober need to change but i feel its not it.. feels like something rotating rather then moving up and down.. im using 4agze..

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
for the suspension sound i suspect the anti roll bar heat the lower arm coz yesterday my mechanic wanna chage the steering rack but its hard to take off coz stuck by the anti roll bar...im using Whiteline anti roll bars...diameter around 20mm-24mm...:hmmmm:

headache with the "CRRAAAAAKKKKKKK" sound when release gas...:mad:

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
i dunno how to upload movie and can i record it using my phone?...hehe...but i'll try to post it asap...

can i solve my suspension sound by installing pillow ball?...what the different between pillow ball and standard rubber?...:confused:

Last edited:

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
my wira with vr4 engine also got sound like that from its gearbox, most of my mechanic friend said that because of the 4wd lock to 2wd problem... if use 2wd gearbox sure no problem... but for me its not big problem as long as my clutch system work smoothly and easy to engage gear weather at low or high rpm...
For the klok sound, check your lower arm (maybe the bush or bolt joint got problem), or anti roll bar link or your original standard absorber cap have already worn out.. advise u to solve the problem 1st before change to pillow ball, change to pillow ball will make the sound more because of the pillow ball will not absorb vibration (but transfer the vibration to your car body) as good as standard rubber absorber cap... but adjustable pillow ball will allowed you to play more with the camber or your car without using the camber screw...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4g9b-bTvIUA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="200" width="335"></iframe>

Satria Neo owners rejoice! Please enjoy this video of our Pro Neo Concept, packed with our range of Works Engineering products developed specifically for the Satria Neo. Let us introduce you to the range of performance products we have in stock. Turn the tired Neo into a real pocket rocket!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience