Stiff Steering Wheel!help!!

redbluez18

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
PJ
i just got my used momo steering installed today at accesories shop. After the installation, i found out that the steering wheel is so "stiff" (like turning a lorry steering) compare to a stock 1. so i drive back to that accesories shop n tell the problem 2 the guy. then he said " is like that 1". i m still not comfortable the explaination he gave to me n that way i m here to ask sifu here what cause the steering wheel become "stiff" Tomorrow i might go for another accesories shop to get it done. Anway, i wanna know the problem.. btw.. my ride is honda civic so4. can any sifu here enlightened me? :X-:

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
redbluez18 said:
i just got my used momo steering installed today at accesories shop. After the installation, i found out that the steering wheel is so "stiff" (like turning a lorry steering) compare to a stock 1. so i drive back to that accesories shop n tell the problem 2 the guy. then he said " is like that 1". i m still not comfortable the explaination he gave to me n that way i m here to ask sifu here what cause the steering wheel become "stiff" Tomorrow i might go for another accesories shop to get it done. Anway, i wanna know the problem.. btw.. my ride is honda civic so4. can any sifu here enlightened me? :X-:
how many inches was ur ori steering wheel n how many inches ur new momo steering..? i believe there's alot of difference, the new steering smaller ..

if its smaller size than the ori, then it's normal to feel "stiff" .. get used to it . becoz from big steering change to small steering the bla bla bla bla is different so bla bla blaa... mmm... in short, just get used to it. :_:

If its same size steering, then maybe u shud get it checked...

redbluez18

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
PJ
if i m not mistaken.. the ori stock steering is 15 inches change to 14inches. the problem is the smaller (14 inches) is way too stiff compare to old 1. n even if turn left or right.. there will b those "tak!tak!" sound frm the bosskit and if i put a right signal while turning to right.. the signal just kennot automatically turn back to "neutral" like i used the stock steering. :retarded:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
cheh

i know ur problem already

the stiffness is normal
last time i was using the original steering then change to one that is 2 inches smaller
i was also not used to the stiffness
after awhile, u will find that it is very nice to drive with the stiffness especially when cruising on the highway

about ur signal light just not bouncing back
it is because the idiot never install the bosskit properly
make sure your wheel is straight before installing the bosskit
and the bosskit has an arrow pointing up, make sure it is directly up
peace man

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
wah, where did u get ur steering installed ? Brother's?

yes u better get the "tak tak tak" sound rectified, juz go back to the shop and tell him about the sound. If he say "this one nothing wan" .. u tell him I have asked around ady n this problem is "something" , so plz get it done or i might have to tell ppl bout ur shop."

juz try it la .. be polite. but it is reli a problem la the "tak tak" sound , good luck!

dorikin

Apr 19, 2006
It has got to be the smaller diametre. Unless they did something to the steering which is unlikely. Just be happy with the quicker response it will give you

redbluez18

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
PJ
Fluffy said:
omg.plz dont say brothers.
unfortunately.. YES. muahaha. anyway.. guys.. i get my steering done liao. (goona ban this brother) according to another fella... the use the wrong bosskit :angry_smile: now my steeling is much better to turn wif. Thnaks u thousand time to all zth members above for ur opinions/comments. cheerss

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
Dont ever ask brothers to pasang anything on ur car.Buy the parts and DIY or send to some other mech.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
SAY NO TO BROTHERS!!!! hehehe...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
of coz! y waste ur money and time getting a crappy job done rite?:_:

see..it gave the topic starter a hard time turning!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I was in the lost searching for an answer for my friend.
He is driving GSR 1.8 and I am Mivec 1.6, both installed to waja with and both are shiftronic type.

I just want to confirm whether both our gearbox are the same or not.

Well, I have tried to browse the web and join forums just for the sake of getting my confirmation.
but to my avail, I failed to get the confirmation for my friend's simple question.

Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience