Steering Vibration after 120km/h

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
hi, i hv recently changed from my standard 15inch rims to 17inch with center cone, before this driving at high speed without any steering vibration. After changing, there's minor vibration at the speed after 120km/h..should I go for another balancing or any other solution for this.

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
check the balancing 1st...normally if u change rim/tyre at famous shop they will do balancing cin cai only...

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
ok will do, will start with balancing and allignment first.

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
I face the same problem like you too. but mine problem comes after few months i change my rim from 17 to 16inch.
Not only steering vibrate...even gas & brek pedal also vibrate...
I have go for aligment and balancing at separate shop...still same.

I suspect might be the engine mounting (should be the 2 on crossmember) kong alreadi as i m driving auto transmission car. When i engage the gear to D and press brake..the whole car vibrate quite badly..

Any other possibility?

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
I face the same problem like you too. but mine problem comes after few months i change my rim from 17 to 16inch.

I suspect might be the engine mounting (should be the 2 on crossmember) kong alreadi as i m driving auto transmission car. When i engage the gear to D and press brake..the whole car vibrate quite badly..

Any other possibility?
i dont think mine will have this prob, cos my car is only over 1 year old. Why do u change from 17 to 16?

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008

Any other possibility?
i think thats is the reason otherwise if u say during braking only got shake then that was related to rotor...
if u said pedal involve that one sure mounting...

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
i dont think mine will have this prob, cos my car is only over 1 year old. Why do u change from 17 to 16?
Tires getting expensive..Furthermore..found japan rim at 16inch...
17inch taiwan rim a bit too heavy for my auto car.

i think thats is the reason otherwise if u say during braking only got shake then that was related to rotor...
if u said pedal involve that one sure mounting...
nothing wrong with the braking...but i dont know whether mounting will causes steering vibrate at 100km/h

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
Finally found the problem last Saturday.

Send to workshop 1, they say no problem with mounting and driveshaft... Ask me to go another shop for aligment / balancing / Rotate tires.

Send to tyres shop 2, when he open up my wheel, they found out that the centre cone was too small for my current rim. Changes 4 aluminium cones problem solved.

Damage: RM100 - 4cones + RM20 - Balancing + RM25 - Alignment.
Result: Satisfied :biggrin:

richnet

Dec 2, 2009
Penang/PJ/KL
yea, i was about to say it's the center cone that it giving you vibration.
actually, you can just ignore the center cone, in order you screw your rims real tight using the compressor gun... but if can put cone, it's better le...

to have better performance, do on-wheel alignments...

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
mine also settled about a month ago, they did on wheel balancing...rectify until the problem solved., now driving high speed 140-150 dun have much noticeable vibration

AR123

Sep 19, 2006
Finally found the problem last Saturday.

Send to workshop 1, they say no problem with mounting and driveshaft... Ask me to go another shop for aligment / balancing / Rotate tires.

Send to tyres shop 2, when he open up my wheel, they found out that the centre cone was too small for my current rim. Changes 4 aluminium cones problem solved.

Damage: RM100 - 4cones + RM20 - Balancing + RM25 - Alignment.
Result: Satisfied :biggrin:
bro mind to share which workshop did u visit ?
I am having the same problems and would like to check it out.

megancheung

Apr 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
On wheeling balancing did not help? It should, because when on wheel and spinning you can see whether the wheels are centralized or not. High speed unbalance is normally due to not centralized of the wheel to the hub.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys~~

Right now im driving 1.8T GSR standard spec (without LSD). Any concern if i modified to 4WD ?Will the performance drop after modify it ?or need modify engine for better driving feel??

Due to if i keep high RPM for 1st gear my car will skitting.Feel dissapointed to it.Hence plan to convert it to 4 wd

I have tested frenz wira EVO 4wd standard. The result is good in spint n concering. IS EVO & GSR 4wd are universal. If no, can i install EVO 4wd into my GSR ?

Would...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience