Steering Vibrate, on wheel balanced already..

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
uneven front tyres bro (tayar tak rata)...got a lot of threads but uneven. try swap front to rear, rear to front. or better still. change front tyres.

normally happens because of bent rims, but if rims have been repaired, then should be the uneven tyres. Even after u did the on wheel balancing, the problem will still be there.

either change to used, good condition front tyres (low buget) or change to new front tyres (got budget).

good luck.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
yup. i solely suspect is my tires. anyhow, ive learnt to live with that ... drive below the vibration point.. which is 100km/h.. haha

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
maybe the rim has a defect? try to rotate and see if that solves anything.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
yup sold beginning sept...haihs...now looking for a snail.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i think i can rule out driveshaft as i read an article online, it says if the vibrate is torque sensitive then most likely driveshaft. mine isn't. when it vibrates i enter neutral gear and let the car cruise, still vibrates. so glad to say, i THINK i can rule out the driveshaft.

possible tires. and yes, i do have the cone.

Din_Kg_subang

Mar 31, 2008
Rims are new. Not used.

Steering rack? My tuner said my steering lately got alot free play, possibly on the verge of dying.. Aiyoo. So many problems coming at the same time.

Thanks. Will get them checked.
Bro.... u also mentioned tuner ma!!!!! send it to mechanic to check la.... tuner just tune ur car not repairing...... secondly just drive around 100km/h should solve ur problem.... 120khm/h already exit our highway limit.... :biggrin::rofl:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
my tuner wanna con my money so i change steering rack ma. hahahahhaa.

yeah 100km/h and below la, steering vibrate is an indicator i will/may get love letter HAHA

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
nope. dont really have the time to do it. just let it be for awhile la... hahaha. reminds me not to speed

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

See yourself as a race car driver but don't know where or how to kickstart this glamorous career? Wonder no more as the 2 great motorsport forces of Malaysia, TOC Automotive College (TOC) and professional race team Aylezo Motorsports have recently collaborated to form the TOC-Aylezo Racing Academy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience