Steering Judder Problem for Evo

ifanonline

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Hi Guys,

Wishing all MLOC members a Happy New Year!

Opening the new year thread with a slight car problem. During high speed brakes, my evo streering started to judder quite badly but not on a normal driving. I am not sure what causes this, it is either the brake disc/rotors or the brake pads. I have just recently change my worn out brembo rotors to project u on the front and yet to change the rear rotors.

Would like to ask some advice and solutions on this problem.

Thanks.:driver:

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Wishing all MLOC members a Happy New Year!

Opening the new year thread with a slight car problem. During high speed brakes, my evo streering started to judder quite badly but not on a normal driving. I am not sure what causes this, it is either the brake disc/rotors or the brake pads. I have just recently change my worn out brembo rotors to project u on the front and yet to change the rear rotors.

Would like to ask some advice and solutions on this problem.

Thanks.:driver:
if rotors are new and assuming also your pad are new give some time to beddin.
after that still have you may want to swap your rims to confirm
3rd or lastly could be your ball joint.
Just from experience...when i bought my car the ori rim judder badly at high speed. after changing to CE28NF ok no problem. 7 years later same problem and found that my ball joint gave way

ifanonline

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
if rotors are new and assuming also your pad are new give some time to beddin.
after that still have you may want to swap your rims to confirm
3rd or lastly could be your ball joint.
Just from experience...when i bought my car the ori rim judder badly at high speed. after changing to CE28NF ok no problem. 7 years later same problem and found that my ball joint gave way
hmm...thanks bro for sharing the info. I have only changed the front rotors to project u, will check whether it is because the rims or ball joint. Not sure whether it is a common problem in Evos...

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
hmm...thanks bro for sharing the info. I have only changed the front rotors to project u, will check whether it is because the rims or ball joint. Not sure whether it is a common problem in Evos...
i would same common problem if rotors are stock for all evo's. If after market rotors should not have this problem. So you may want to look into others like bushing. How old is your evo?

ifanonline

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
i would same common problem if rotors are stock for all evo's. If after market rotors should not have this problem. So you may want to look into others like bushing. How old is your evo?
it is a 10 year all evo..talking about the bushing, i think i have already changed mine...

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
it is a 10 year all evo..talking about the bushing, i think i have already changed mine...
10 years might need to check your ball joint.
ok at least can rule out the bushing. :smokin:

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
check balljoint+ all lower arm bushes as well

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Agility, lightness, youthfulness and superior sportiness – all these features are presented and highlighted impressively in BMW Concept 1 Series tii.</p><p>Based on the new BMW 1 Series Coupé being presented to the world public for the first time at the Tokyo Motor Show 2007, this fascinating design study is the consistent evolution of BMW’s compact two-door with a clear focus on uncompromising...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience