Static FM reception

cbsteh

Known Member

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
I notice my car radio reception is becoming quite prone to static or poor FM reception. It is not the radio itself because it is new and this problem occurred even when I had the old radio. The poor reception only occurs occasionally. When my car was new I don't remember it being this sensitive to static reception (unless I am driving through a tunnel or around mountains).

Do I need to change my external aerial? It is a stock aerial.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro., long time no see.
Probably the aerial, if change, use back external aerial. I did internal aerial for my SUV and the reception still not too good....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is there any difference between those whip antennas and those short stiff ones?
For me as long as it is external it should receive much better signals. My original is short type on the roof. The radio was not receiving well so I change the HU since at that time was working for electronic firm that was marketing Car Audio. Went to accessory shop to fit, they say is the aerial fault. They plug in their test aerial then work fine, but they don't have my SUV type original means if change to others may need drilling the roof which I did not want, so opt for internal aerial. However internal aerial at certain places the signal is not strong....:bawling:

cbsteh

Known Member

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
For me as long as it is external it should receive much better signals. My original is short type on the roof. The radio was not receiving well so I change the HU since at that time was working for electronic firm that was marketing Car Audio. Went to accessory shop to fit, they say is the aerial fault. They plug in their test aerial then work fine, but they don't have my SUV type original means if change to others may need drilling the roof which I did not want, so opt for internal aerial. However internal aerial at certain places the signal is not strong....:bawling:
Thanks. Time to go to accessory shop. I just want to ask here first. Scared kena conned at shop. I also heard antenna booster is more like snake oil too?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks. Time to go to accessory shop. I just want to ask here first. Scared kena conned at shop. I also heard antenna booster is more like snake oil too?
So far all my cars with external aerial don't seems to have reception problem

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone...

Esspecially to Mitsubishi engine owner. Most of us have experience facing the idle problem when turning on the air cond. And alot of use converted to FICD(Fast Idle Control Device) to solve the bad idle problem when turn on the air cond. which is just a solenoid valve. Some are solved, some are still not solved.

Some are solved with FICD connected to the manifold and bleeder outlet of the rocker cover having hoses flying across the engine bay.

Here I'd like to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience