Starting Problem

kluangman7

Jan 31, 2008
Just got back from Trial.
changed both Oxygen sensor.Ran diagnose..No fault..
Then have to wait and see...hope that solved the problem..
Finger crossed...:driver:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Just got back from Trial.
changed both Oxygen sensor.Ran diagnose..No fault..
Then have to wait and see...hope that solved the problem..
Finger crossed...
Update us on the outcome...

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi Bro.... nice to meet u in Trial.... pls do let us know if the issue is solved....

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Not yet...

Fuel Pump is OK..
Spark plug OK..
but when they ran diagnose using the computer..my O2 sensor were at fault..both of them..so well done DanzEterna...you are right..
Unfortunately they Did'nt have the spare part for that last Saturday..so i am still waiting for their reply today whether they have it or not..
still checking..any idea how much would it cost...?
anyway..one of the mechanic said that...even though the O2 sensor is damage/broken..it would not preventing the engine from starting up...is it true.?
anyway..since no other abnormalities...the fuel pump works just fine..the Fuel is actually pumped into the engine..so theres no problem with pressure or fuel line...

so they just recommend to change the O2 sensor..and we'll see from there..whether it will solve the problem or not...

yes...i towed the car to sungai besi last week..and..the car started after few minutes in the workshop....:stupid:
You were right. If it was your O2 sensor, it should not cause the car not to start. Crank position sensor may do that. I am leaning towards fuel issues. Since you said the fuel pump is ok, then check fuel filter to make sure they are clean. I think it may be the fuel pressure regulator (not holding pressure) or fuel injector (leaking and overflow). A fuel pressure gauge should give you the answer if the pressure drops within 10-15 minutes after parked. If black smoke when it cranks, then fuel injectors issue. It may still be other issues.

Good luck.

kluangman7

Jan 31, 2008
Hi Bro.... nice to meet u in Trial.... pls do let us know if the issue is solved....
Nice to meet u2.:proud:

definitely will do..no problem.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

You were right. If it was your O2 sensor, it should not cause the car not to start. Crank position sensor may do that. I am leaning towards fuel issues. Since you said the fuel pump is ok, then check fuel filter to make sure they are clean. I think it may be the fuel pressure regulator (not holding pressure) or fuel injector (leaking and overflow). A fuel pressure gauge should give you the answer if the pressure drops within 10-15 minutes after parked. If black smoke when it cranks, then fuel injectors issue. It may still be other issues.

Good luck.
Yes..I think i will try to check the fuel pressure in the fuel inlet hose area using pressure gauge.
the Pressure should be around 304-343 kpa during Engine Idle/On and 147Kpa during Engine Off.
If not within spec. need to check the fuel pump,pressure regulator and injector.(refer to altezza manual)

maybe will send to Trial some time next week.

will updates the status of course.

Thanks guys.:driver: for all the inputs...really helps...:biggrin:

TRDi

Apr 24, 2010
eastern
I got this same problem few years back,where the engine turn off by itself when i stopping e.g at trafic light or when trapped in traffic jam,sometime it can start immedietaly,sometime after cranking few times it can start,sometimes after cranking many many times it wont start at all.

same also like i drive then i stop at grocery shop,it wont start and after waiting for some times like 10 to 15min,it will start again,i have bring them to lot of workshop,hundred of answer i received,ranging from o2 sensor ro fuel filter,to fuel pump and wiring problem. At times i almost give up with the car cause it cause me trouble and embaresment with this problem.

i have change the o2 sensor,fuel pump and filter and do lot of diagnostic problem which cost me thousand,but the problem still coming back,even i admit it ok for a few months but then at some time it coming back. I completely clueless,feel like i want to throw the car into the river,but luckily not cause i love altezza, well back to the point,after sometime i meet a mechanic and he check the whole car,then he found out there is one long wire frpm engine connected to the crankshaft sensor, and the wire inside became brittle because it located beside of engine, and he say the electrical signal maybe not clear like astro service when it is raining,so he replace the whole wire,which cost only around $2,and until up to date,the problem never happen again.:burnout:

Reactions: alcyon

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guy....i wanna fit turbo into my waja(a),wat should i do????wat engine should i change that can't burn my car???hav i nid 2 change 2 manual transmission???then if i fit can i run faster than a normal putra????coz my neighbour who hav 2 putra n every morning 8sumthing he sure VROOM his car 3 times~!!!it damn noisy n disturd me sleeping~!!!!:P
hehe....i'm dunno about modification...hope all the buddy here can help me a bitlah...thanks a lot ha.....n let me know the total amount that i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience