Standard rims are BORING

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, the FD2 rims are not bad. Those changed out by FD2 owner are source by FD owners going 17".....hahhahahhahaha:rofl:
Most of the time is to increase tyre size. I would have kept my stock jetta rims if it is 17" LOL

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Stock standard rims for almost all cars are so boring. I know plenty of my frenz dumped their ori rims for aftermarket ones once the cars are outta the showroom (almost).

I know that car manufacturers are counting every single cents for manufacturing their car, and maximize their profit. But to stinge on the rims??

Don't they know that the rims are one important item that make or break the car?

If the car manufacture gonna make money from selling their cars, why not sell with some decent purposeful rims together? I am sure new buyers are eager to pay for good stuff, right??
says who??? look at subaru and mitsubishi oem rim...especially on sti and evo range model....all the rims were so good even other car also cari their oem rim...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
says who??? look at subaru and mitsubishi oem rim...especially on sti and evo range model....all the rims were so good even other car also cari their oem rim...
I got the Myvi SE rims for my K-car haha!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Most common ones are the 15" OZ rims in CE9A Evolution III fitted to Wira. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
FD are on 16" while FD2 are on 17" mah!......:driver:
Ya Ya. Too bad new jetta rims is 5 lugs. if not i can just source for stock jetta 17" rims

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Your clone old Jetta is 4 lugs, right? I saw one tyre shop have 17" but 5 lugs and with Asy 2 tyres (2nd hand).....:driver:
Ya clone old Jetta 5 lugs, thats why that time did ask u guys whether possible to convert 5 lugs in which it is costly to do so. New Clone Jetta is 17" and 5 lugs...

Another thing I don't get it is that my old clone jetta in US has 5 lugs. While Malaysia getting 4 lugs.
Unless get the US half cut and swap? :hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ya clone old Jetta 5 lugs, thats why that time did ask u guys whether possible to convert 5 lugs in which it is costly to do so. New Clone Jetta is 17" and 5 lugs...

Another thing I don't get it is that my old clone jetta in US has 5 lugs. While Malaysia getting 4 lugs.
Unless get the US half cut and swap? :hmmmm:
Your one is 1ZZ-FE right? The other day, I have a ride on my uncle's model which is also using 1ZZ-FE but one generation newer than yours. It is that dual VVT-i model look but pre facelift. Not bad for the car compared to the new Vios. Interior wise, space is almost similar with Vios and Vios interior looks better for me. When it comes to power and comfort, clone jetta win. Really can feel the power during acceleration and the car doesn't feel bumpy at all even though it is using 205/55/R16 tyres compared to Vios's 185/60/R15. But come to think of it, 205/55 had thicker sidewall than 185/60 isn't it?

Malaysia can find US halfcut?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I thought there is some sort of spacer-like thing that can help to convert your PCD? Or it doesn't work with 4 lugs to 5 lugs?

You mean this rim?

Ya this rim. Nice actually. Space thingy convert not cheap. That's why dun want do.

Your one is 1ZZ-FE right? The other day, I have a ride on my uncle's model which is also using 1ZZ-FE but one generation newer than yours. It is that dual VVT-i model look but pre facelift. Not bad for the car compared to the new Vios. Interior wise, space is almost similar with Vios and Vios interior looks better for me. When it comes to power and comfort, clone jetta win. Really can feel the power during acceleration and the car doesn't feel bumpy at all even though it is using 205/55/R16 tyres compared to Vios's 185/60/R15. But come to think of it, 205/55 had thicker sidewall than 185/60 isn't it?

Malaysia can find US halfcut?
Dual VVT-i and 1ZZFE newer model different design. Especially the rear for dual vvt-i
Not bumpy cuz that car meant for comfort mia. Try cornering and the comfort feel won't be there already. 55 lower number than 60 ma. So is thinner.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all you detailing 'kakis',

Finally, we now have a detailing center that not only provides professional detailing services, but also using the complete range of Meguiar's products imported from USA!

The place is called Harry Bright and they are located in Taman Mayang, along the same row as YS Khong and Stuttgart.

These guys are serious as they even use Meguiar's shampoo for car wash! Even engine cleaning uses Meguiar's degreaser! Wow, no more 'Ah Kau' or 'Ah lok' products to damage my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience