Stand alone in GEN2

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
What do you mean? I really have no idea what are you talking about?

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
cuscostrutbrace said:
have anyone done this before,hope to get some info
I've not heard of anyhone using a standalone ECU for gen2, but I guess it can be done but think it'll have to be a Motec or Haltech ECU that can handle electronic throttle sensors..I'm using a piggyback for my gen2..Personally I think that for the cost of such standalone ECU's I'd rather go for a GSR or Evo transplant for the gen...

crazgenz

Mar 16, 2006
hello..i'm new member 4 this web...Hav a nice day 4 gen2 owner...

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
EmiR said:
I think p/backs are enuff already..
yah I agree for Bolt on turbo, a piggyback that can retune your a/f ratio and ITC also control extra injectors would be sufficient..

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
nop..no turbo nothing,i just wanna see if theres any significant diffrence between std ecu and stand alone,its my research project..

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
cuscostrutbrace said:
nop..no turbo nothing,i just wanna see if theres any significant diffrence between std ecu and stand alone,its my research project..
thats good bro...all the best in your research work..do let me know of the outcome and if you need a competent installer for standalone on ur gen2 let me know my email is [email protected]

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Ok thanks,but it looks like i have to abandon this project since it will be too costly for me,i'm not getting any funds for the project,Gen2 drive by wire system would require ecu that can control that,unless i mod the throttle body to be cable type,think i better go for more accesible engine..hemmm

RocketMan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
help needed...
currently driving a gen2 with auto transmission...
very bad...
my last ride was a 4g92 waja..sold already...
the question...what is the most suitable transmission upgrade for campro engine?
gearbox apa boleh masuk?
i want to explore the campro performance, so dont want to throw in a new plant.
hope u guys can help me with ideas and suggestion.
thanx!!!
[email protected]
013-3038769

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, whats the stock standard cam angle measurement for 4g91,92 and 93? any one knows..i tried searching all over the web, dissapointing..thanks guys..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience