SR20 with RON95

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
hi guys, i'm wondering whether RON95 suitable for SR20DET engine not? thanks...

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
some station dun have 97 so no choice,pump a little 95 till see station with 97

when running with 95 didn notice any diff,but dun dare rev it so hard:biggrin:

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
when i rev high high and touch my 0.8bar limit got some misfiring with ron95 from esso.
I never noticed it had that when i pumped ron97.

I dunno maybe have to test more.

quite expensive testing
LOL

kahwee81

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2007
Kuching,Sarawak
yup mine fren gtt and rx7fc oso hv misfiring after rev high high and oso d car really dun hv power.(note their fill in rm50 while their fuel is 'e')

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
i havnt fill in any ron95 yet cause i hardly drive my car...thats why asking opinion from you guys...i heard that ron95 got less oxygen and the explosion is lesser, i dont know whether im correct or not. please give some more comment please. cheers.

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
yes, moko2 is right, sr20 is sensitive n 95 is not recomended. My sr20 clonk very noisily with 95 and low milage :(

97 is way to go

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
i havnt fill in any ron95 yet cause i hardly drive my car...thats why asking opinion from you guys...i heard that ron95 got less oxygen and the explosion is lesser, i dont know whether im correct or not. please give some more comment please. cheers.
i dont really know what u mean by explosion. u have to be more specific.

if ur definition is what i think it is, 'explosion' can occur before the piston reaches top dead centre (tdc), exactly at tdc or after. it is most preferred and most efficient for the engine if the 'explosion' occurs at exactly tdc. anything before or after, the engine will suffer from knocking or loss of power.

the higher the RON rating...the more resistant it is to knocking.

OR

are u goin along the lines saying that the less RON rating, the less power it produces?

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
ok,lenjan my car for a while,here and there,just short burst.

i dont know wut happen to my shitty boost controller,boost spike to 1 bar on first and second gear.
heard this ting ting from the engine,it should be the engine....

so if u r using ron 95,dont boost up to 0.9 bar.or let say 0.8 bar.
lower than that ok la kot.

duckrace

Known Member
Mar 28, 2009
RON 95 suck, some S O try to cheat us with this bleddy gas.......the normal 1 go higer price so some jerk will never realise the increase of fuel price althore the raw fuel price have drop to USD$65/barrel.
Y v still hav to pay for higher price?

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Well the sad part is we as the citizens will always get our pockets raped.
In any cases, try to use RON97, Since we have been using it for so long already.

You makan Oreos everyday suddenly you ter-beli Stereos makan u sure bleergghh wan.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car paint is starting to peel off.. Dunno why is that happening but probably cos it's a second hand car... It's a Wira.. Thinking of changing the paint so I was wondering what colour should be put on that car.. I want something sporty and ppl said that Champion white is nice since i did a little bodykit on the car.. What do you guys think of that? And it would be nice to if somebody could recommend me where to get the car painted in area around petaling jaya @ Kelana jaya. Or better yet...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience