SR20 NEO VVL vs K20 Type R vs B20B or B18C

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
I plan to drop one of those engine into my new project. Which engine perform better? Half-cut cost? Some pomen told me SR20 NEO is better than a Honda's. It is true?

By the way I intent to fit it into my Citroen ZX 16v 2 door. The Citroen's excelent chasis, ride and handling and suspension set up I believe can easily handle the power of those engines. So superb ride & handling + powerful engine = fun car.

Your opinion is very much appreciated.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
b-series engines been around for a while, lots of aftermarket support, lots of used parts, compared to the other 2 engines ure considering

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Interesting choice of Engine

Depending what you are looking for
as far i know mostly citroen FF will go for SR20DET AWD series with FWD gearbox

Honda B Series is been around and a plenty of aftermarket part available for it
but it come with a price tag as well
forget the aftermarket part.
the halfcut also cost double from SR20 Series halfcut

Ask yourself if you want budget and slight extra umph and not going to crazy power
SR is good option for you since cheap halfcut and cheap used part

If you looking for crazy power .. K series is something you should look on

but if you considering the K Series engine on the ZX due to power
why not dispose the ZX and get some EG Chasis and plonk in K20 on it

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
Interesting choice of Engine

but if you considering the K Series engine on the ZX due to power
why not dispose the ZX and get some EG Chasis and plonk in K20 on it
I want to retain its rarity but at the same having some good performance engine with reliability to match its excellent ride and handling. Estimated less than 20s Citroen ZX 2 Door on the road now.

With understated look of Citroen ZX, once a while I love to give some surprise to some heavily modded Wiralution or even some others heavy weight. Imagine your Evo 8 being tailgate by a decent Citroen ZX, you try hard to distance yourself but the Citroen keeps coming on your rear side. Sure sweating like hell one heheheh...

Honda EG too many on d road but no doubt it is a good handler too. I also loves the VTEC sound as well. However I been told SR 20 NEO redline at 8500rpm but never come across any car with that engine before. Mostly are SR 20DET. I already own a turbo car in 280Z but for FWD it is best to keep it NA version I guess. And personally NA car feel more fun and controlable although not as fast as turbo car.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
SR20VE P11 standard redline is 7200rpm only
even you change the ECU to SR16VE it only 8200rpm

SR20VE P12 redline is 8500rpm.. but the price tag for it..
I pay RM13500 for engine lantai SR20VE P12 with 6 speed manual gearbox

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
bro my friend is using the citroen ZX with a pulsar sr20 FWD in his citroen the engine is stock with just minor upgardes like blow off and wastegate and the power at 1bar is crazy yes he did smack a few 4wd cars around town and for the handling of the citroen i give 2 thumbs up .....
for my choice i will go for SR20 its something different ......

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
SR20VE P11 standard redline is 7200rpm only
even you change the ECU to SR16VE it only 8200rpm

SR20VE P12 redline is 8500rpm.. but the price tag for it..
I pay RM13500 for engine lantai SR20VE P12 with 6 speed manual gearbox
SR 20VE engine lantai with box for RM 13.5k? Walawei... that too much expensive. It is normal? It seems SR20DET is way much cheaper. I am thinking to stick to NA version no more turbo2 but like or not money matter also count. You know la when go for turbo, your hand start itchy to have bigger turbo la, wastegate la, dump pipe la, piping works etc until all credit card hutang started to its limit. NA engine with 200hp juz nice but too expensive la pulak.

Is B20B cheaper than SR 20VE?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

bro my friend is using the citroen ZX with a pulsar sr20 FWD in his citroen the engine is stock with just minor upgardes like blow off and wastegate and the power at 1bar is crazy yes he did smack a few 4wd cars around town and for the handling of the citroen i give 2 thumbs up .....
for my choice i will go for SR20 its something different ......
Not surprise at all. I also believe the ZX chasis and suspension ( Koni ) can manage to handle 200-220hp easily. The current engine is OK but below 4000 rpm banyak semput. Power only come after 4000 rpm and its top rpm is short at 7000rpm.

Who is your friend bro? Can I see his car for sampling?

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
his car is the black citroex zx in pj area.....i think he will be happy to show u his car for sampling if u really interested to do it .....im currently in australia i will give him a msg and tell him ur interested in seeing the car :)

duckrace

Known Member
Mar 28, 2009
dear cmng,I think u mention about the P11 n not P12.....
btw if u got p12 can let me know oso hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We had another encounters last Sunday, although I could hardly lift up both my arms & shoulder is so stiff like a concrete……but detailing who can resist….

Instead of FLEE-ing …I flew to the crime scene….. one of which my buddy got a rotary & he started correcting his wife 13 years old oxidized car……

Let me share with you more…if you would please

Remember how lighting plays a big part in Car Detailing , as most cars defect only been seen from a strong lighting, what professional...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience