spraying my bike

bezet

Known Member

see that white cover. That is what I want to spray ( now so ugly because it start to crack) . The problem is that I always wax that area and the paint will sure peal off. What spray can i use to spray it? Need any undercoating? or must cure the plastic first.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
this fender sure will crack after a period....if u wan it as beauty as always, just go advertisement shop to tint it with the colored tint...black, white,red, blue......many color can let u choose....i think it will cost below 50 plus installation..
but it only tint the front of the plastic..the inner they wont do for u i think...

even u spray it and repair it to ori condition, it will still crack after a period..due to sunshine and rain...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well.. to spray on palstics.. it is not as simple as u think... if originally it got paint on it.. then u can just use sand paper to sand it a bit then can spray already...

if onli plastic... i believe there is a primer for plastic need to be applied 1st b4 u do the painting job...

well.. u can try de Krylon paints for plastics.... from ACE hardware which costs bout rm31 a can... or just change de plastic cover... motor shop will have them.. save all ur hassle... i heard from a fren. whole motorbike change new covers is less than rm100... so i think it wun be so expensive to change de plastic.... :)

bezet

Known Member
actually i'm trying to avoid changing the cover :) . yes it cost less than rm100.

maybe try to look for primer for plastic or look for krylon.

heard from the tauke at the motor shop there is a solution use by car painter to cure the plastic so the paint will stick. Any idea what it is?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i think dat will be de primer for plastic... not just any primer... according to my dad.. there are many types of paint primer.. some for metal.. some for plastic(got few types of plastic primer i think)..

to me.. just get krylon lar... de spray can there state no need primer at all.. just spray on de plastic... it will bond to plastic...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When word broke about the BMW 1 Series M Coupe, many touted it as a spiritual successor to the E30 M3 with its lightness and inline engine, something that the current E90 M3 was chided with a V8 and notably larger girth compared to the older models. Once the M Coupe has hit the roads, there were whispers that it could actually be quicker than its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience