Speed-D's 9sec R32 GTR

f8.

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
nice write up tom. just a bit to edit, the gearbox is spelt Quaife.

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by gti88@Jul 12 2004, 07:18 PM
All the best to Tony, Dee, Adam, Toon, Ah Boy and the rest of the Speed-D crew !
gti88 -- who is adam? which adam?

slowestt

Feb 4, 2004
ya great job Tom..

Speed D car is dam fast in straight... there goes to D speed car too fast in sideway.. hehe!! :o right? Donut?? :P

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by DoNuT@Jul 13 2004, 12:47 PM
adam???? hmmm i think i better keep quiet... hehehehe peaCEe!!
donut -- y u say keep quiet means peace?? dont understand la...

something danger behind the name?? i met a malay guy giving away speed d brochures in speed d's booth during the midvalley autoshow and if i remember correctly, his name is adam and he looks friendly.... dont sense any "danger"....

just wanna confirm whether he is a staff of speed d? never see him in the shop though....

DoNuT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.drifthouse.net
Originally posted by DRiftAGster+Jul 13 2004, 06:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DRiftAGster @ Jul 13 2004, 06:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DoNuT@Jul 13 2004, 12:47 PM
adam???? hmmm i think i better keep quiet... hehehehe peaCEe!!
donut -- y u say keep quiet means peace?? dont understand la...

something danger behind the name?? i met a malay guy giving away speed d brochures in speed d's booth during the midvalley autoshow and if i remember correctly, his name is adam and he looks friendly.... dont sense any "danger"....

just wanna confirm whether he is a staff of speed d? never see him in the shop though.... [/b][/quote]
heheheh nothing lah me playing around lah. you know lah i'm abit gay.... hehehehe

Takeshi

Jul 13, 2004
i think the adam you guys are talking about is the chinese guy who used to own a blue rx7 and not the malay guy.

i heard that last time he sent the rx7 engine to panspeed japan for a full rebuild (including the drivetrain and transmission) and clocked 57sec in the famous tsukuba track. after the test, the engine was sent back to malaysia and put in his blue rx7. if i heard correctly, he mentioned that the car has 400 over horse and spent almost 100k for the mods.

but 1 thing strange is from the w/site i visited, the tsukuba track record was 57 and now around 56 - set by JUN impreza and HKS full carbon evo... it seems like malaysia has a rx7 that can match the speed of JUN and HKS...

any of you guys heard bout this before?? any idea where is the rx 7 now??

coolblue

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
well ..... if the engine has send to panspeed .. he wont be using those stock Ecu .

it was just using a stock engine and put up a larger turbine to boost up . i heard that boosting for 1.2bar using stock ecu ... the new onwer dont know what is the history of the car .. drove a few months .. the engine pop's & now stranded at workshop transplant in another engine .

mildseven

Feb 18, 2004
DRiftAGster Posted: Jul 12 2004, 06:45 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 4311

najibkl, i believe for sure this gtr is the faster car - much much more faster i guess. from the records, the viswork gti's best time in sepang is 10.95 when he won the round 1 drag battle BUT fastest time was set by Garage R's evo - 10.34.

** fastest time for round 1 dragbattle (from the dragbattle official website)
1 - garage r evo - 10.34
2 - viswork gti - 10.92
3 - speed d r33 - 10/95

in the round 2 drag battle, the street set-up r32 (with only few hundred horses)from speed d that belongs to Dee's fren did a fastest time of 10.49. too bad didn't break the garage r's time but should be near enough or better if the car is stripped off its seat and with a set of semi-slicks....

now imagine this r32 with over 1000bhp, i think the 9 sec they claim should be within reach anytime.... personally, i think we should now compare this with our neighbouring countries' monsters - garage r evo, st power gtr, or maybe bangkok's monster evo or any other monster from borneo?? if they have la....

anyway, i think the drag event in the region has become more n more interesting... really forward to the next event...
<if they have la....>
well just wait after 29th august 2004 the borneo drag event!! i will show u the borneo record like above mentioned!!! just give u all a BIG SHOCK!!!!! JUN GTR R33, JUN PULSAR, JUN MR2 and other GTR !!! show present by borneo island!!!!

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
WOW!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOOOO COOL!!!!!! I'm can't wait to see the result!!!!!!!!!!

Takeshi

Jul 13, 2004
hi coolblue, so u know bout this car n the owner ha... oh ya, ex owner rite? coz u say he sold the car oledi...

that means the story i heard from him is not true la... but he look sserious when he cerita bout this.... :rolleyes: wa sai... kena "con" liao... luckily u tell me.... :D

i think we better tune back to the topic here -- THE 9 sec GTR32 FROM SPEED D... and not about this "story telling" guy...

coolblue

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
well .. it nothing fantastic about that car .. makes me reply on your quote ...
anyway i dont know the owner much .. just saw him a few time on his evo ..

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
oh... the guy who drives the silver evo 7? i c.... now i know who u guys r talking about.... he always turn up around sunway..... maybe he owns a shop there in sunway.... :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Everyone seems to like it but i see it as just another proton with a different name. IMO i dont think that Persona is going to sell successfully, just as the proton canselor ( or how do you spell this ). I was hoping to see another model completely. I havent seen it in real life yet so i cant quite judge, but still i have only seen a canselor once since its launch. anyone seen a canselor more than once on the roads?
i saw twice , one at manjalara...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience