Someone is asking me to try Fuchs engine oil....

Enhanced Vehicle

Oct 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I used castrol edge, car feel like shit. M7 super street way better.

BTW, I don't know which fuchs engine oil the TS need. So just simply post 1 link here.

http://www.fuchsoil.co.za/Products/TDS/Fuchs - Titan Supersyn Plus 5W40 (505.01) - May08 [FES].pdf

If your car is just an ordinary car with rpm not more than 7.5k, no turbo/supercharger and replace engine oil every 5k km, castrol magnatec is good enough. No need to get something more than RM100 per 4L. Used it on Mivec so many years until sold and has no complaint. To be more practical speaking, if you want an engine can last more than its designed lifespan (like 300k km) without overhaul, then you should use the best oil available. But when you reach that mileage, the money you spent on oil probably can do the overhaul job for 1-2 times. For example, you use RM40 recycle oil (local new engine oil that produced by using used engine oil) for a myvi, 5k replace oil. (300k/5k) x RM40 = RM2.4k. Use let's say this fuchs, (300k/5k) x RM100 = RM6k. Different = RM3.6k. According to top overhaul price at average RM600 and full overhaul price at RM1k, at 100k km do top overhaul, 200k do full overhaul and 300k do top overhaul, total RM2.2k only. You still have extra RM1.4k. Even you do full overhaul at every 100k, you still have RM600 left in pocket. This is provided using expensive engine oil will make the engine last 300k km without the need of overhaul.

Marketing strategy's target is the buyer. Prey for a company is the customer. But not all cheap things are good from the point of economy. Merz is expansive (my brother has E230) but if you drive it for long term (more than 15 years), the cost is way cheaper than a toyota or honda.
Good financial analysis....

However, you might need to check on the cost of camshaft, rocker arms, hydraulic tappets and timing chain and auto tensioning kits... because overhaul only covers main bearings, con rod bearings, piston rings, gaskets, oil seals and valve seals....

You might need to consider wear will be taking place at camshaft, rocker arms, hydraulic tappets and timing chain will be elongated....

I guess the total cost to restore the engine will be more than what you have posted....

Enhanced Vehicle

Oct 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I find it very good....

Some says its bad, probably they got the imi products etc,

Buy from authorised Castrol dealer, you'll get the ori

The decision is yours!:driver:
Thanks for your info....

In fact I had tried Castrol Edge and Magnetec before and I bought from the biggest Castrol dealer in Kajang (you should know who)....

Both oil evaporated by 0.8-1 litre in 3000-4000km....

I did some research and found that Castrol in Malaysia is blended by sub-contractor, probably it is not because of Castrol but I hope Castrol should put some muscle on quality control on the sub-con because it would be such a pity that to let them ruin the reputable brand....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car: Proton Perdana V6 '06-'07 version...
Colour: Black
Reg. Number: WPT 8882

this is my friend's car...
post on behalf of him...
if anyone happened to locate this car, kindly contact the owner at 0176608412 or kindly pm me...
TQ.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience