Someone is asking me to try Fuchs engine oil....

Enhanced Vehicle

Oct 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, All,

Recently, someone has been actively asking me to try Fuchs engine oil....

I said I can consider and requested him to provide me the datasheet....

He replied that I can search online so I did but I couldn't find and asked for his help again to provide me the datasheet.

He replied that his friends driving Waja, Vios, Hyundai and Accord said great after using Fuchs Titan...

I told him Fuchs is world largest independent lubricant manufacturer, I believe definitely a proper datasheet is available and again, wait for the datasheet....

He replied why not we search together....

:confused::confused:

What do you think?

Anyone has any proper technical data sheet of this mysterious engine oil?

Enhanced Vehicle

Oct 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
FUCHS has been in the automotive engine oil business for a very long time.

Fuchs Lubricants UK Official Website

All the oils come with datasheets and stuff publically available, but they have a lot of divisions so you just gotta know where to find the data.
Yes, you are right! Fuchs has been in the business for very long time, so, the seller/dealer shall have no problem getting me the datasheet instead of only catalogue.....

But right now, the seller has not been able to provide me any datasheet and instead asking me, a potential customer to help to find that datasheet.... What is going on now???:confused::confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes, you are right! Fuchs has been in the business for very long time, so, the seller/dealer shall have no problem getting me the datasheet instead of only catalogue.....

But right now, the seller has not been able to provide me any datasheet and instead asking me, a potential customer to help to find that datasheet.... What is going on now???:confused::confused:
I'm not sure which seller you were dealing with, but most sellers I know are businessmen. They aren't technical people. So they'll just sell you the product but most of the time know nothing about the product.

Besides, one loss in terms of sales isn't a big deal for sellers, they can offset with another sale elsewhere. Aiya, it's not hard to find the datasheet for reputable brands la. Whats the big deal anyway?

pumpman

Oct 31, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Fuchs uk or Germany is different from Fuchs Malaysia.. Most Fuchs Malaysia products are blended in Singapore .. Talking about Fuchs Titan their range of pcmo , my friend was a hardcore user until bout a year ago..

Enhanced Vehicle

Oct 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not sure which seller you were dealing with, but most sellers I know are businessmen. They aren't technical people. So they'll just sell you the product but most of the time know nothing about the product.

Besides, one loss in terms of sales isn't a big deal for sellers, they can offset with another sale elsewhere. Aiya, it's not hard to find the datasheet for reputable brands la. Whats the big deal anyway?
Actually no big deal....

I am wondering why salesman one one hand wants you to try, on another hand has not been able to acquire a very common datasheet....

If you can't produce a proper data of products, it would be just like selling recycled, counterfeit and low quality engine oil....

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Fuchs uk or Germany is different from Fuchs Malaysia.. Most Fuchs Malaysia products are blended in Singapore .. Talking about Fuchs Titan their range of pcmo , my friend was a hardcore user until bout a year ago..

Mind to share what had happened to this hardcore Fuchs user?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
IF not convinced with Fuchs engine oil, just walk away lor.....No obligation, right?. No big deal la, bro.

....and you can always use other reputable engine oil out there...So many brands to consider until headache.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
IF not convinced with Fuchs engine oil, just walk away lor.....No obligation, right?. No big deal la, bro.

....and you can always use other reputable engine oil out there...So many brands to consider until headache.
I'm a loyal customer of CASTROL

From engine oil to transmission axle oil .....

I find CASTROL's 140W rear axle oil is second to none...

The best money can buy !:driver:

Enhanced Vehicle

Oct 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

You are right, I will walk away.... I was initially interested due to its history and brand name....

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

rightly said, bro.
So both of you would want me to try Castrol 140W now?

My car is not rear wheel drive nor it is 4x4, so I guess I won't be able to try 140W...

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You are right, I will walk away.... I was initially interested due to its history and brand name....

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

So both of you would want me to try Castrol 140W now?

My car is not rear wheel drive nor it is 4x4, so I guess I won't be able to try 140W...
You may try CASTROL EDGE - ITS LIQUID ENGINEERING !:listen:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I used castrol edge, car feel like shit. M7 super street way better.

BTW, I don't know which fuchs engine oil the TS need. So just simply post 1 link here.

http://www.fuchsoil.co.za/Products/TDS/Fuchs - Titan Supersyn Plus 5W40 (505.01) - May08 [FES].pdf

If your car is just an ordinary car with rpm not more than 7.5k, no turbo/supercharger and replace engine oil every 5k km, castrol magnatec is good enough. No need to get something more than RM100 per 4L. Used it on Mivec so many years until sold and has no complaint. To be more practical speaking, if you want an engine can last more than its designed lifespan (like 300k km) without overhaul, then you should use the best oil available. But when you reach that mileage, the money you spent on oil probably can do the overhaul job for 1-2 times. For example, you use RM40 recycle oil (local new engine oil that produced by using used engine oil) for a myvi, 5k replace oil. (300k/5k) x RM40 = RM2.4k. Use let's say this fuchs, (300k/5k) x RM100 = RM6k. Different = RM3.6k. According to top overhaul price at average RM600 and full overhaul price at RM1k, at 100k km do top overhaul, 200k do full overhaul and 300k do top overhaul, total RM2.2k only. You still have extra RM1.4k. Even you do full overhaul at every 100k, you still have RM600 left in pocket. This is provided using expensive engine oil will make the engine last 300k km without the need of overhaul.

Marketing strategy's target is the buyer. Prey for a company is the customer. But not all cheap things are good from the point of economy. Merz is expansive (my brother has E230) but if you drive it for long term (more than 15 years), the cost is way cheaper than a toyota or honda.