Some questions.

AlexHYS

Jan 2, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all RE sifus,

After saving up about 60K ringgit,I am trying to look for a car before GST strikes.Of course,I'm posting it here because I want a FC.

As a total noob to the rotary scene,do you all think getting a FC is still worth it,considering it's age?I don't mind petrol,as petrol is quite cheap now.I saw a FC going for 38K on carsifu,and I need some input before I really take the plunge.Just a few questions...

1)Can 38K buy you a decent FC?
2)How much does it cost to rebuild your engine?
3)I'm not much of a technical guy,so how much is an average mileage service(change oil,
4)How much does the single turbo conversion cost?I'm not trying to do 800HP,just that I read that the first turbo spools at 2500RPM,so I feel it's a little wasteful to waste gas when daily driving.
5)Do I need to do chassis strengthening if I do buy that FC?Cause you know,1986 car and all that.
6)What are the things I have to look out for before buying a used RX7?

EDIT:This is the site
http://www.carsifu.my/cars/72716/mazda-rx-7-fc-3-s-for-sale-in-johor-by-hlchan

Thanks.

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Bro, based on your carsifu site, is the FC comes standard or modded??
If modded, what are the parts included? Could you share it here RE sifu so they could give input.

It is hard to to justify if the car good or bad condition, based on just the 38k price tag alone...

FC looks pretty....FD looks prettier...:biggrin:

BTW, petrol may be cheap (now), but one could never tell the petrol price later in 2015....It could shoot up, or maybe cheaper still...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nice FC indeed...price seems reasonable too

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Sir I'm planning to Turbo my 4G93 SOHC. I have Mitsubishi lancer 2006 model with me. I'm not Malaysian but I live in Malaysia as a student. My brother is doing this project in my country Pakistan. Currently in Pakistan Mitsubishi Lancer 2003 model onwards are equipped with 4G15 the new generation. Which is without distributor and is with equipped with two coil. Currently I have swapped 4G93 SOHC the new generation which is also without distributor. The engine came with automatic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience