Society Newbie seeking for help! Myvi or Iriz?

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
60 year old dick.. HAHAHAHA! Nice one!

Cute? Uh... sorry. No. You a guy or a girl btw?

The Myvi lagi best 1.5L manual has pretty decent aircon and having 2 first gen 1.3L myvis at home, I've already transplanted the 1.5L lagi best aircon in them and it works well. So I'm assuming the 1.5L one is the one to buy (not the latest model but only because of price). You're still going for used right?

A manual 1.5 Myvi 2013-2014 is going for 22k to 25k depending on condition and spec. That's still loanable and sell your car directly or to used car then buy from a seller direct. If you buy from a used car their additional fees will jack up the price anywhere between 2k to 6k.
yes, if i am going for a myvi, I will just go for a used one.
I am a guy.
Perodua's excellent QC do give me a strong confidence on getting a used one, just pray hard that the owner that used to own it do treat it as a car

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
you answered yourself. Buy the Iriz. Bargain for discounts, year end car.
Not too soon my friend.

Next year only. I have no backup from family nor I have pre-savings before I drop off from University. Very kering kontang...
Downpayment also need a few months of savings.

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
Crank sensor or flywheel sensor?

Where is the sensor?

I own a Waja 1.8 with Renault engine in it.
Yes it has multiple sensors on it and i wade thru flooded road with no issue.
If really deep then i know it will behaves a bit funny until whatever parts or connector is dry.
Near the flywheel. This one.

upload_2019-11-19_11-12-40.jpeg

The one that are more problematic now is speed sensor near gearbox. Sometime Speedo will drop to zero and engine timming become funny.

upload_2019-11-19_11-15-9.jpeg

RM80 to change.

mofisa69

Nov 6, 2019
"I wanted a fun to drive daily runabout car, that are reliable and good gearshift. It is not going to be a track weapon, but a touge fun car or road hoonigan where hog the fast lane until the car run out of steam."

sound more iriz than myvi.

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
"I wanted a fun to drive daily runabout car, that are reliable and good gearshift. It is not going to be a track weapon, but a touge fun car or road hoonigan where hog the fast lane until the car run out of steam."

sound more iriz than myvi.
The way i view it:
Fun to drive-Iriz - The suspension are spot on.
Daily Roundabout-myvi - Maximum practicality with good FC and parts price.
reliable-myvi- Technically nothing much to worry.
good gearshift-iriz- Getrag vs sloppy myvi
touge fun car-iriz- Needless to say
road hoonigan-myvi- 1.5 engine on a sub 1 ton body with throttle by cable can be very furious. 0-100 can clock below 10 sec which is lightning quick!

it's 3 vs 3.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
The way i view it:
road hoonigan-myvi- 1.5 engine on a sub 1 ton body with throttle by cable can be very furious. 0-100 can clock below 10 sec which is lightning quick!

it's 3 vs 3.
2017 myvi SE 1.5 manual the best. suspension and handling can tweak.

Reactions: Izso

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
2017 myvi SE 1.5 manual the best. suspension and handling can tweak.
Indeed I am very intrigued to buy one.

But my heart quite biased to the driving position of Iriz. (I know it can be fixed on myvi, buy some ssucss seats will do, or even ditch that airbag go for steering spacer), and the gearshift of myvi (I know it can be fixed by a shortshifter, even diy some stiffening ring on the cable colar)

Maybe i am just too sick of myvi hype but no doubt it is a great great car.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

But my heart quite biased to the driving position of Iriz. (I know it can be fixed on myvi, buy some ssucss seats will do, or even ditch that airbag go for steering spacer), and the gearshift of myvi (I know it can be fixed by a shortshifter, even diy some stiffening ring on the cable colar)

Will u be able to live with the feeling that 'I should have follow my hearts' everytime u see car A when u have already buy car B?

If its a war i describe it as 'Its not about killing a man, its about living with it'.

Reactions: Ceejay3196

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The way i view it:

it's 3 vs 3.

I dunno. I've driven both, I've sat on both (long distance drives) and I've tested all variants of the Myvi. I have only tested the Iriz 1.6 CVT. I don't like the Iriz. Granted the seating position is better but somehow the Myvi feels more "airy" and less claustrophobic. But that's just me.

Since you're paying for this yourself and you're a student, I'd suggest you consider the Myvi purely for its resale value. Later on in life when you're more capable you can trade in the Myvi for something better with minimal loss. A 2015-17 Myvi 1.5 manual is RM21-25k atm the moment and in another 5 years it'll at most drop to 15-18k. Then your overall loss will minimal over the 5 years.

An Iriz 2015 is about 26k for a CVT. Protons are not known for their resale value except for the X70. But that's too new to know for sure.

And I know a guy who has a completely stock 1.5 Myvi with 15" rims and tyres that can carry so much speed in touge runs that people with modified cars or with bigger capacity cars can barely keep up with him. I've had the privilege to be in the car during one run and seeing how the car handles the corners and all is pretty impressive. But with the way he drives I can pretty much guarantee the CVT would not be able to keep up. I believe handling for the Myvi and Iriz are both equally good but ultimately it boils down to the drivers skill imho.

The only thing the Iriz has over the Myvi is the aircon system. Proton aircon is notoriously good in lasting forever and always being cold.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I dunno. I've driven both, I've sat on both (long distance drives) and I've tested all variants of the Myvi. I have only tested the Iriz 1.6 CVT. I don't like the Iriz. Granted the seating position is better but somehow the Myvi feels more "airy" and less claustrophobic. But that's just me.

Since you're paying for this yourself and you're a student, I'd suggest you consider the Myvi purely for its resale value. Later on in life when you're more capable you can trade in the Myvi for something better with minimal loss. A 2015-17 Myvi 1.5 manual is RM21-25k atm the moment and in another 5 years it'll at most drop to 15-18k. Then your overall loss will minimal over the 5 years.

An Iriz 2015 is about 26k for a CVT. Protons are not known for their resale value except for the X70. But that's too new to know for sure.

And I know a guy who has a completely stock 1.5 Myvi with 15" rims and tyres that can carry so much speed in touge runs that people with modified cars or with bigger capacity cars can barely keep up with him. I've had the privilege to be in the car during one run and seeing how the car handles the corners and all is pretty impressive. But with the way he drives I can pretty much guarantee the CVT would not be able to keep up. I believe handling for the Myvi and Iriz are both equally good but ultimately it boils down to the drivers skill imho.

The only thing the Iriz has over the Myvi is the aircon system. Proton aircon is notoriously good in lasting forever and always being cold.
Agree that the Iriz felt 'cramped'. I thinks its how they design all the dashboard and colour choice. However the feeling when i sat in the driver seats is similar to what i felt when sitting in old 3 series. Kinda cramped but felt one with the car.

CVT in the Iriz is the main weak point.

Driver skills allowed the driver to push out every performance the car got. We all have experienced a supposedly 'lesser' car tapau us or we cant shake them off our back right?
I got 'schooled' by a stock kancil with aftermarket suspension once. That driver really knows how to carry speed around corner.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wanna buy a prelude n since no more 1st hand in msia so i need 2 buy d 2nd one lah..
so now i got few choices btween 4th gen n 5th gen..
n d 5th gen is d bb8 n come out wit f22b ngine
cn u tell me d advantages n disadvantages of dis ngine n how powerful dis ngine
i really need 2 noe coz i dun wana regret afta i bought it
any lude's taiko..plss help me
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience