Society Newbie seeking for help! Myvi or Iriz?

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
Agreed to this, that's why my family never buy new cars, saved so much money just in the down payment part and overall expenses. Generally 3 years old car are still good to be reliable unless its a serious lemon. Getting a used car which you can pay with hand cash also a good idea. Someone in this forum bought a Wira at about MYR8,000, and car is pretty good despite the age and tech. Its a good start for first car, minimal maintenance needed and loads of fun.
My dad do have a wira 1.5 GLi, but I being a sucker don't want to have anything that inherited from family anymore.

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
I still said I hated Myvis la.

It's about RM400-500 ish.

Yeah but the Iriz manual is only 1.3. The 1.6L is a better drive and still CVT. Also the Iriz looks like a giant Onigiri.

And yeah, Myvis have notoriously bad aircon systems. If ceejay3196 wants to buy make sure the damn aircon works in the hot afternoon.
Yeap. The aircond part. It functions like a 60 year old dick. Still goes but take times. I do drive a myvi icon 1.5 as rental grab back then.

Actually Iriz quite good looking also lah, think of it as a cute car instead.

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
So why dont you DIY a simple cheapo shield around it? Did you get used to frequent stoppages that you no longer mind them?
Because it only works with minor splash. Rain heavy abit or water is "deep"- like around 2 to 3 inches then you will fuck up with the sensor. Hence no point.

After I change my battery the no start part doesn't happen anymore so I just let it be.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Why new car came into consideration is Iriz new price is a steal, actually. If you survey the used market right now for RM36k that is exactly what a decent Myvi would've cost. Of course a manual myvi would be way cheaper at near 30k.

Since I am a sucker for manual cars, especially with good gearbox I think it is worth considering. Also, the QC of Iriz before Geely I am very skeptical of it as I am a victim of Savvy's horrible QC already.

Iriz 1.6 mt is a damn unicorn. Only 500 units on the road. So that one I practically give it a miss already.
so far only the 1.6 cvt got issues as reported on several forums and facebook groups. the manual seems to be fine and dandy. handling wise, iriz is better than myvi imho.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
My dad do have a wira 1.5 GLi, but I being a sucker don't want to have anything that inherited from family anymore.
If you buying off from your dad it doesn't sound like inheriting, its business dealing. I also bought off an E46ci from my dad proudly and converted it to a semi monster.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeap. The aircond part. It functions like a 60 year old dick. Still goes but take times. I do drive a myvi icon 1.5 as rental grab back then.

Actually Iriz quite good looking also lah, think of it as a cute car instead.
60 year old dick.. HAHAHAHA! Nice one!

Cute? Uh... sorry. No. You a guy or a girl btw?

The Myvi lagi best 1.5L manual has pretty decent aircon and having 2 first gen 1.3L myvis at home, I've already transplanted the 1.5L lagi best aircon in them and it works well. So I'm assuming the 1.5L one is the one to buy (not the latest model but only because of price). You're still going for used right?

A manual 1.5 Myvi 2013-2014 is going for 22k to 25k depending on condition and spec. That's still loanable and sell your car directly or to used car then buy from a seller direct. If you buy from a used car their additional fees will jack up the price anywhere between 2k to 6k.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Because it only works with minor splash. Rain heavy abit or water is "deep"- like around 2 to 3 inches then you will fuck up with the sensor. Hence no point.

After I change my battery the no start part doesn't happen anymore so I just let it be.
Crank sensor or flywheel sensor?

Where is the sensor?

I own a Waja 1.8 with Renault engine in it.
Yes it has multiple sensors on it and i wade thru flooded road with no issue.
If really deep then i know it will behaves a bit funny until whatever parts or connector is dry.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
60 year old dick.. HAHAHAHA! Nice one!

Cute? Uh... sorry. No. You a guy or a girl btw?

The Myvi lagi best 1.5L manual has pretty decent aircon and having 2 first gen 1.3L myvis at home, I've already transplanted the 1.5L lagi best aircon in them and it works well. So I'm assuming the 1.5L one is the one to buy (not the latest model but only because of price). You're still going for used right?

A manual 1.5 Myvi 2013-2014 is going for 22k to 25k depending on condition and spec. That's still loanable and sell your car directly or to used car then buy from a seller direct. If you buy from a used car their additional fees will jack up the price anywhere between 2k to 6k.
The air con differ between the 1.3 and 1.5? I thought usually they try to minimize too many parts......

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I've done the math. As I plan to buy the cheapest variant- RM36k, downoayment RM3.6k. With trade in Savvy it's about 7k so I loan 29k, which can be cleared in 5 or 7 years. Aslo, it is new car so do have some warranty on my back in case the car fucked up.

If i spend the 3.6k on repair, it is only enough to cover the overhaul cost. The suspension bushings, not gonna happen.

Hence, it is a debate between
- 5 to 7 years of "steady" bleeding
or
- 1 shot of heavy bleeding with risk of heavy bleeding again.
you answered yourself. Buy the Iriz. Bargain for discounts, year end car.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The air con differ between the 1.3 and 1.5? I thought usually they try to minimize too many parts......
The pump is stronger, the condensor is bigger, rad fan is stronger and faster, an adaptor is needed to fit onto a 1.3 for the aircon pipes but everything else is PNP.

Reactions: vr2turbo

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello frens..

Really need your expert opinion here.. My problem is I cannot shift my gear from p to any gear w/o pressing the lock button.. N summore, my 3rd brake light also kaput.. This all happened after i changed my tail light to smokey led type..

Vios j type owner here..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience