Sneak peek at the next-gen Civic

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The iconic Honda Civic is set for a full-model change next year and Honda certainly are shouldering quite a burden with the expectations that would follow on a model like this. Though the shots here are from models being delivered to dealerships in America, the current Civic we get here is very similar to the ones over there, albeit with a few cosmetic changes to the exterior and of course powertrain options.

Nonetheless, this could be a very good indication of the new Civic that would be coming our way. Snagged by the guys over at 9thCivic.com, the shots give an all-around look of the car as well as engine bay and interior views.

First impressions leave us feeling that the ninth iteration of the Civic will be losing some of its sporty exterior appeal in favour of a more subdued and matured facade. The interior looks to retain the double-tiered dash with some styling cues that progress from the newer generation of models design language. It's interesting to note too that the dash is more driver-oriented now.

Still, the million-dollar question remains, will the new Civic retain any of the enthusiastic driving traits that its predecessor benefitted from? Granted, it wasn't an all-out point-and-shoot weapon but the Civic did always seem to handle a little better that its peers.

Source: 9thCivic

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
put it in champion white, white 17inch, CF spoiler and K20A...we'll see from that.

wait...the rumor said for Si gonna be stuffed with K24.

Last edited:

sanji

Oct 10, 2010
Ipoh
imo current fd is the best looking ever civic (and ek9 of course). this looks plain

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Look more like an uncle cruising car now...:banghead:
Prefer previous design...

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Look at the dash, so plain... On par with City and Vios only.. Why la Honda like this. I believe the Koreans have already overtook them. Poor Honda.. :bawling:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
its like moving backwards... the tail lamp cant take me off from thinking about saga....

dro

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
It's quite a big shoe to fill coming from FD as it's predecessor
Should be the same when ES came out to replace EK...

Nevertheless...... I still agree that the styling ques are a bit more subtle
Much like the present Honda City

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So we already have the BMW M2 in the Malaysian market and it seems that there's no competitors for the M2. But im quite surprised because the Alfa Romeo or the least, the Stinger GT isn't yet in malaysian market. Of course there's two Gulia's in Malaysia, one in red owned by someone and the other is white which is the Agong's. And if we take a look at the Stinger if im not mistaken theres only one in grey and thats it. In this case my guess is they import cause well, lol no market yet. When...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience