snap timing belt??

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
Hi, its was a bad day yesterday my timing belt snap.. Its a bout 6 month old belt. I am wondering how can it snap i check it regularly no sign of damage to it.... I just rebuild the engine... What the damage it has done to my engine???? 4g93... Stage 2 mod.......... What brand timing belt is good out there???

Thanks alot......:driver::driver:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi, its was a bad day yesterday my timing belt snap.. Its a bout 6 month old belt. I am wondering how can it snap i check it regularly no sign of damage to it.... I just rebuild the engine... What the damage it has done to my engine???? 4g93... Stage 2 mod.......... What brand timing belt is good out there???

Thanks alot......:driver::driver:
dayumm how did it happen man?? they say gates racing timing belt is the best available for mitsu engines its the blue colour one

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
yea, the tolerance for zorst cam degree must be checked before retarding it, especially if the head was skimmed and if a hyper thin gasket is used. iirc, dis is ur setup kan? the thing is, u were running this setup witout any problem kan prior to this snapping? anything else u can tell us? ohh, overtighten timing belt tensioner pulley can also cause premature wear on the belt

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
no la. there was no issue on the setup for about 2 month already since i fitted the high com piston and high cams.. that y i am so stress up just rebuild the engine... sakit hati only... i been checking on the belt always there was no damage also...

so wats the better timing belt for my setup up and engine...

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

dayumm how did it happen man?? they say gates racing timing belt is the best available for mitsu engines its the blue colour one
dont know la dude.... was just driving normaly and the engine died for no reason... after much checking it was the timing belt..... dam pissed off plus i was so sick on that day... had to wait for 3 hours in the heat for tow truck.... feel like leaving the car there only.....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
damn...thats bad news bro...just pray hard that your valves & piston are ok.....
u should check your belt, maybe your pomen might have swapped it for a faulty/used ones.....
just incase, i never trust any mech though.....

u should go for power belt bro.....blue color wan.

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
yup that the next belt i am going to fix.. but there too many fake wan out there.. i am fed up bro... might sell it off.... after the repair are done... gen 2 cps or kia forte............ malas already...........

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
dun give up bro...ive experienced those major repairs before, 1 after another.....the damaged ended up in 4 digits.....damn!!!!

until wife told me to sell the car......get brand new proton.......but all my $$$ invested into my ride, i dont think can let it go.......will continue my battle till i finish the loan repayment....

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
dun give up bro...ive experienced those major repairs before, 1 after another.....the damaged ended up in 4 digits.....damn!!!!

until wife told me to sell the car......get brand new proton.......but all my $$$ invested into my ride, i dont think can let it go.......will continue my battle till i finish the loan repayment....
me too been there really felt like selling off but i was thinking after all the $$ gone in already will be really sad to sell :bawling:

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009

that y la in love with the car... he he he drag with b16 or gsr turbo standrd no hal...... plus the $$$ and time spent doing this car.... We shall see what my forman says bout the damage... Plus i am getting married in 22 days time...

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Is your cam ok? or may be your belt tension loose?
not sure will get the news later....

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

me too been there really felt like selling off but i was thinking after all the $$ gone in already will be really sad to sell :bawling:
Yours dont la, monster there.... I think that the life of a modder la...
Only passion will pull you through these times............

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
that y la in love with the car... he he he drag with b16 or gsr turbo standrd no hal...... plus the $$$ and time spent doing this car.... We shall see what my forman says bout the damage... Plus i am getting married in 22 days time...

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

not sure will get the news later....

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

sadly mechanics and shops dont accept pashion as a form of payment :bawling:
just hang in there bro there is always the highs and lows of owning modded cars
dont worry the high point will soon come :love:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
id use the original mitsu belt jer, weve used dat and it has survived a lot of monster evos boosting ridiculous boost, to almost the mileage mitsu recommends, so i dont think u need any so called aftermarket belt. id check the workmanship first before concluding on the belt quality, if it was the original thing

i suspect the tensioner pulley highly, it may be jammed or over tightened, at least dats my conclusion after reading what u posted. over tighten cams can also lead to this, but shudnt be the case since it was driving okie

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
id use the original mitsu belt jer, weve used dat and it has survived a lot of monster evos boosting ridiculous boost, to almost the mileage mitsu recommends, so i dont think u need any so called aftermarket belt. id check the workmanship first before concluding on the belt quality, if it was the original thing

i suspect the tensioner pulley highly, it may be jammed or over tightened, at least dats my conclusion after reading what u posted. over tighten cams can also lead to this, but shudnt be the case since it was driving okie
yeah mitsu belt also chun but the blue one looks nicer :biggrin: