SMT or SAFC2?

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
hi guys, my VAFC2 got s stolen few years ago from my EG and i didn't bother to install another piggyback ever since.

Recently one of my friend offer to sell me his old SMT(version1) smart tuner and SAFC2 for very cheap price..i know they are both very old and doesnt have vtec controller...but since its cheap..i don't mind just to buy it and get my car to dyno

my question is ..which of it is better? i dont know much about SMT 1...from the net i only can find smt 7-8 ...1 seems like very old...any one familiar with it?

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
yeah i know...but my friend only selling me for rm300 for the SAFC2 ...its too cheap to say no..haha...and SMT only rm2oo...everyone still selling for RM700+ for VAFC2 which i think its ridiculous since the item is so darn old

i can later get a spoon vtec controller to control the vtec point
you know much about SMT ?
Let's calculate the figure here. If you buy SAFC2 for RM300, VTEC controller maybe around RM300 & totall up is around RM600. Why not just spend another RM100 & go straight go for VAFC2?

And your car only need to install 1 gadjet instead of 2. Haha...Just my 2 cents...:biggrin:

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
haha...u got your point there...im actually more interested in the SMT for temporary usage...neways thanks for the feedback guys

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
between the two? assuming u can find a workshop dat can fully use all the functions in the smt, id suggest the smt over the safc2

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
i got the selling price wrong..its a lil higher...anyways..thanks for the feedback...but im gonna let my other friend to buy it..i guess i'll just stick with VAFC2

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have a problem with my waja cps wiper... when i turned on the wiper, it is very slow, even when i switched to very fast mode it is still moving very very slow, up to one point that the wiper turned off completely... is there anybody here have encountered this problem before or somebody pleaseeeeeee tell me what is the problem...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience