Slow when filling fuel into ECR33

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
Firstly, Happy New Year to everyone !

When I pump fuel into my ECR33, I have to fill it in really slow otherwise the fuel will not be able to flow in properly and would splash out at me, if I pull the fuel filler trigger at 'full throttle' it will take just 2 to 3 seconds to spit out the fuel back at my pants, it seems the bottle neck is really narrow, I need to take around 15-20 minutes or more to fill-up a full tank, anyone experience the same in ECR33 or ER34 ? My mechanic says this is probably due to a twin tank design, is this true ?

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
i don think becoz of the tank...maybe something stuck ??

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
it doesnt like ron95 therefore spits it back at u

its prob the fuel tank valve thing. probably something stuck against it and only allowing small amount of petrol to go through slowly.

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
Thanks everyone for replying, just to compare, which year ECR33 you are referring ? Mine is year 1996, I doubt the fuel tank would be different but just in case.

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
Problem fixed ! Got a short rubber hose stuck in there, wondering how did it go in there... :-|

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was asked by my friend to assist him with painting his brake calipers as the original metal finish just dun look good enough. Being an avid DIY-er and semi-pro detailer, I agreed to give a helping hand and lend him my tools as well.

Owner removing the wheels of his car.

When working with the car up, always use an A-Stand to ensure maximum safety...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience