Sleeper. Myvi turbo

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
haha its kinda fun seeing cars flashing at you, in the foot down and there are no where to be seen. So far I've been abusing this little myvi hard for 10000km already, all the way JB /KL/JB/KL/KT 180-200, but well scary at some points :D. So far so good, I wonder how long it would last, but well i do check on the car regular, so far still tip top condition.
Normally I only drive it when I'm bored, most of the time my gf drives it for short distance. Originally I wanted to use alza rims, but the saga flx SE rims are slightly wider(6.5jj) and got them for a better price.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha its kinda fun seeing cars flashing at you, in the foot down and there are no where to be seen. So far I've been abusing this little myvi hard for 10000km already, all the way JB /KL/JB/KL/KT 180-200, but well scary at some points :D. So far so good, I wonder how long it would last, but well i do check on the car regular, so far still tip top condition.
Normally I only drive it when I'm bored, most of the time my gf drives it for short distance. Originally I wanted to use alza rims, but the saga flx SE rims are slightly wider(6.5jj) and got them for a better price.
I remember the time when VR was new, was used most of the time, even family trip outstation and so on. Those days less highway, so have to use trunk road, but overtaking is a breeze, even uphill. Cruising speed so comfortable. Nowadays highway plenty but even though plenty, holidays season also jam, so prefer to drive SUV with auto.....hhahhahhahaha:rofl:

shawnzz

500 RPM
Sep 6, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
so tempted to do one of this project on my dd myvi.. Currently, uphill mex highway also struggle.

Btw hex, do you mind sharing your setup(management, turbo, injector size, gasket mm) ? saw your graph, around 4-4.5k, afr dipping. is that ok ah?

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
so tempted to do one of this project on my dd myvi.. Currently, uphill mex highway also struggle.

Btw hex, do you mind sharing your setup(management, turbo, injector size, gasket mm) ? saw your graph, around 4-4.5k, afr dipping. is that ok ah?
Management= E-Manage blue(dyno and tuning done at GT Auto by thomas)
Turbo= stock YRV
Injector= YRV injectors
Engine= Stock internals+gaskets. All main screws changed to studs
Exhaust= 2.2inch
Suspension= BC Racing BR Series Coilover
Fuel system= Walbro racing fuel pump/Fuel regulator
Brakes= Honda odyssey single pot/Sumitomo brake pads
Tyres= 195/50/15 AD08R yokohama
Additional mods= Oil cooler/Atf cooler(Reliability)/1.3 bar works radiator cap
Engine/Gearbox oil= Motul 4100 15w50, GB = sunoco fully synthetic

Installed an additional walbro fuel pump and a fuel regulator for a better fuel pressure on high rev.
A friend of mine who had the previous setup on an automatic had constant gearbox flare but he had no ATF cooler. So i decided to install a ATF cooler and have never experience a flare.
For the injectors, what I can recommend is to use stock myvi injectors, and have an additional not mistaken 1000cc injector which will be activated during boost only(since e-manage blue cannot control injector spray) This will be very fuel economical instead of upgrading all injectors.
Previously noticed a slight temperature increase during top speed/100% foot down. Solved by changing to a 1.3 bar radiator cap.

Future plans. Aiming 200hp
1. Upgrading to a bigger turbo
2. Overhaul+Strengthen engine internals, using YRV pistons,installing oil jet
3. Changing to a manual transmission if my GF wants to be a rider haha
4. Replacing back to stock injectors, and adding an additional 1000cc injector which will be activated during boost only.

Anyways I don't plan to put too much power on the little myvi, the car itself is not design to withstand so much power, other parts would start to wear off eventually. Would prefer to spend on a more suitable sports car(saving up for a skyline R34 :D)

Mechanic= Fuelworks performance garage in batu caves(basically 10 meters away from jian hang)
Exhaust= Jian hang exhaust in batu cave
tuning= GT Auto Sunway

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
BOT and getting 142hp at wheels is not low, right? Your engine small only and at low boost, however if you want 200bhp from here on the mod will have to be pretty big stuffs already. Already getting 0 to 100 in 6.5 is really fast dy.....:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahahha, power and speed never seems to be enuf for petrol heads...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Yeah, when mod goes on........wallet goes flatter too. :biggrin:Hopefully wont hv to survive on maggi at month end.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all
not long ago there is a new trend that ppl make their car higher..
some is just make the butt of the car higher (very high, for a sedan)
some is make the whole car higher (like wan to go offroad)

to my supprise.. this trend seems like reaches my hometown also
yesterday go out saw so many high car

mostly r wira,
some r kancil also (with extra large wheel)

i just wan to ask all
how to raise the height of the car?
without changing absorber+spring

is there any spacer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience