Since Alza handles like a boat, some say even worst....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Ideally I don’t even want to change rims and just upsize to wider 15” tyres but I am not sure how much thicker can the alza advance stock rims accommodate. Are those tyre size for 15inch common? Just worried there are not much choices for the 15 inch... and ideally, if you are changing rims, you’d wanna upsize too.

the stock alza 15" wheel is narrower than most normal 15" wheel in the market..

(6jj for alza instead of usual 6.5jj and 7jj for performance wheel design)

so 185 width is already max perfect fitment for stock alza 6jj wheel

195 width goes to usual 6.5jj wheel

195 or 205 width for 7jj performance design wheel...

good thing is... performance TYRE is plenty available in 195 and 205 width format for 15" size...plenty and quite affordable too

Reactions: dwen

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
195/50 is smaller by 1.45% and 195/55 is bigger by 1.88%, both can be used, so depends what you want out of them.More towards handling then 195/50, more towards comfort then 195/55. But actually 205/50R15 is best fit, only 0.26% bigger but less choices and more expensive....hahaha
Yea, I think I did a sizing on tire rack before and it seems like the one with smallest error is 205/50R15 but then it’s going to expensive since it’s not a common size. No point paying much more just for the tires, I just wanted to improve the ride when driving on the nshw or up some B roads during family road trips. To be honest my 19 months old Alza clocked about 9k KM only.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Darn

good thing is... performance TYRE is plenty available in 195 and 205 width format for 15" size...plenty and quite affordable too[/QUOTE

good thing is... performance TYRE is plenty available in 195 and 205 width format for 15" size...plenty and quite affordable too
Oh that’s what I suspect cause the tires looks pretty fitting with the rims. Guess I have to change my rims if I decide to get wider tires. I do like the design of the stock Alza Advance rims though.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I had a stock Alza auto for a week and I hated it. The only thing I liked was the space and how many people I could carry.

:driver:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
I had a stock Alza auto for a week and I hated it. The only thing I liked was the space and how many people I could carry.

Haha... yes the space is good. Well, maybe because it’s not my daily drive, it doesn’t bother me that much. When I drive the Alza, I am happy that I do not have to worry much about pot holes, clearing high humps, coming down steep slopes, choosing a nice parking lot or even attracting the wrong attention. However I do wish to improve its driveability for longer distance trips, etc from JB to KL or Genting. Had the opportunity of driving a number of different cars and the smaller CC cars just ain’t that enjoyable for highway cruising due to its lack of power and lower stability.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yea, I think I did a sizing on tire rack before and it seems like the one with smallest error is 205/50R15 but then it’s going to expensive since it’s not a common size. No point paying much more just for the tires, I just wanted to improve the ride when driving on the nshw or up some B roads during family road trips. To be honest my 19 months old Alza clocked about 9k KM only.
That is why I recommend 195/50 and 195/55 more than 205/50. Between 195/50 and 55 series depends on your priorities.....

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
That is why I recommend 195/50 and 195/55 more than 205/50. Between 195/50 and 55 series depends on your priorities.....
Do you roughly know what is the price of those 15inch tires you mentioned? Such as Michellin Ps3, hankook v12, re003? Been out of touch on the 15 inch sizes, haha.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Do you roughly know what is the price of those 15inch tires you mentioned? Such as Michellin Ps3, hankook v12, re003? Been out of touch on the 15 inch sizes, haha.
If not mistaken, prices range from RM180 to 240, depending on size and model. A while back one shop offered 2017 tyres V12Evo2 for RM150 for 195/50R15 size

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
If not mistaken, prices range from RM180 to 240, depending on size and model. A while back one shop offered 2017 tyres V12Evo2 for RM150 for 195/50R15 size
Thanks man, seems like the prices are quite reasonable. Will go and have a look soon since my tires are due for a change in about 6 months time. In the meanwhile, resources are channeled towards my other project :rock:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

I think it’s damn awesome to be the rear passenger in an Alza. Big ass door, easy to get in and out. Just need to tell the driver to max out the air con.

What you hated about it? Sails like a boat, no power. Anything else to hate?

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
I think it’s damn awesome to be the rear passenger in an Alza. Big ass door, easy to get in and out. Just need to tell the driver to max out the air con.

Fuel economy isn’t good for a 1.5 litre as you would expect of a toyota engine. Stock brakes are less then ideal. The speedometer being in the center position rather than on driver side.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Easy? The B-pillar is very awkwardly placed. I kick it everytime I sit in the 2nd row seats. It's aircon is front only and you have to blow the front blowers to the ceiling and at full blast for the 3rd row to cool down and only reduce it once it's cold enough (usually about 15-20 minutes later), driving it is a bitch because its side visibility is surprisingly lacking and a full sized motorbike can hide in multiple blind spots because the A-pillar is also a major blind spot. The 1.5L slug is the only reason I haven't gotten into any accidents because it has no power to get me into any situation that I can't get out of. The center display console takes my eyes off the road when I want to check my speed too.. that's annoying.

But like I said - the space is good. Even in the front seats with the arm rest down there's so much leg room and arm stretching room.

Fuel economy isn’t good for a 1.5 litre as you would expect of a toyota engine. Stock brakes are less then ideal. The speedometer being in the center position rather than on driver side.
Exactly! Is it a Toyota engine btw? 1NZ issit? ugh.. FC though I managed 12km/L for city driving which isn't bad imho

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Easy? The B-pillar is very awkwardly placed. I kick it everytime I sit in the 2nd row seats. It's aircon is front only and you have to blow the front blowers to the ceiling and at full blast for the 3rd row to cool down and only reduce it once it's cold enough (usually about 15-20 minutes later), driving it is a bitch because its side visibility is surprisingly lacking and a full sized motorbike can hide in multiple blind spots because the A-pillar is also a major blind spot. The 1.5L slug is the only reason I haven't gotten into any accidents because it has no power to get me into any situation that I can't get out of. The center display console takes my eyes off the road when I want to check my speed too.. that's annoying.

But like I said - the space is good. Even in the front seats with the arm rest down there's so much leg room and arm stretching room.

Exactly! Is it a Toyota engine btw? 1NZ issit? ugh.. FC though I managed 12km/L for city driving which isn't bad imho
Yea it’s the 3SZ engine from Toyota. I think I managed around 10-11km/L usually for city driving.

Quote from wikipedia:
“The 3SZ-VE is 1.5 L (1495 cc), introduced in October 2005. First installed in 2005 on the second generation Daihatsu Terios. Bore is 72 mm and stroke is 91.8 mm, with a compression ratio of 10.0:1 and redline of 6500 rpm. Output is 80 kW (107 hp) at 6000 rpm with 141 Nm of torque at 4400 rpm. It features VVT-i.”

Reactions: Izso

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

thats where i started to recommend Subaru Exiga instead :biggrin: :biggrin: :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any foreman here can advice me?

My spark plug lead has gone brittle and those rubber pieces are in my spark plug chambers.
Tried to take some out but I can't.

I am gonna change my valve cover gasket soon but i still can't access it.
Letting the rubber dropping inside the combustion chamber would be my last resort. :bawling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience