Silicone Wipers vs Rubber Wipers - Which is better? (Open discussion)

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Went and check out PIAA wipers...cost RM178, different size different price. Cant remember the one i saw is which size...
So this falls under the category of rich man's wiper...

Cannot afford la SF,

Have you heard of the BOSCH TROPICALISED RUBBER wiper blades?

Anyone got feedback on it?

Seems that the rubber blades are treated to withstand PU PV UV rays and can last longer with clean
and dry sweep each time.....:love:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Cannot afford la SF,

Seems that the rubber blades are treated to withstand PU PV UV rays and can last longer with clean
Wipers from Borsh, tried before wont last but then not sure about the new ones...

im using PIAA halfcut ones, lasted more than 5 years now...
Wow...I dare not try half cut items especially when it is rubber. But not bad if can last so long man...my wipers that I used all last only few months even by lifting up wipers during hot days...

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
been using SWV silicone wiper since 2007&still strong till today 2013..bought a pair that cost RM 78...never been changed even once during that period...very durable I would say...never taken up the wiper even parked under the hot sun...also using it for my mom's LE and my wife's myvi...if anybody would giv a try, paging Ng Jen Wei a.k.a kevin...so far, never claim any replacement from him even once(coz it has a lifetime warranty if crack or etc)....truly bang for bucks:driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Use alcohol to wipe off the PIAA logo too. So incognito, very good. Plus welding it make it impossible to steal. Too expensive to be stolen in 15 seconds. I used to be so good at swapping out wipers, my wife would pass me the wipers and start to walk back into the house and I'd be right behind her. She'd ask what about the wipers, I'd tell her already changed looo.

Swiping wipers was the big thing when silicon wipers were new. Bloody irritating hence the weld.
Yup, those wipers are easy to take out and fit back. If that fellow is hard core he will remove your whole wiper with the arm.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Cannot afford la SF,

Aiyah! depends whether he want to fit or not only? What is RM178 to him.....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Wipers from Borsh, tried before wont last but then not sure about the new ones...

Wow...I dare not try half cut items especially when it is rubber. But not bad if can last so long man...my wipers that I used all last only few months even by lifting up wipers during hot days...
Now got choice go for silicone ones already.....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Cannot afford la SF,

Your perspective of things is too pessimistic and narrow.

Say I buy PIAA at RM180 and use for a good 7 years (like what I have done and is using now and still going strong) vs Bosch tropicalised rubber blades which last about 6 months only for my Myvi selling for about RM24 a set.

The cost of replacing the Bosch every 6 months for 7 years means 14 pieces for 7 years which equates to RM336...

Technically that makes me money savvy, not rich. Cost effective. I don't see why buying long lasting PIAA wipers make me a rich person. What's more two of my cars using PIAA, another 1 is using BOSCH and the last one using SWV. I must be filthy rich! :idea: :rolleyes:

Sooner or later that BOSCH is gonna go and be replaced by a SWV. Which incidentally retails for about RM80~RM100 depending on the length needed.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Your perspective of things is too pessimistic and narrow.

Say I buy PIAA at RM180 and use for a good 7 years (like what I have done and is using now and still going strong) vs Bosch tropicalised rubber blades which last about 6 months only for my Myvi selling for about RM24 a set.

The cost of replacing the Bosch every 6 months for 7 years means 14 pieces for 7 years which equates to RM336...

Technically that makes me money savvy, not rich. Cost effective. I don't see why buying long lasting PIAA wipers make me a rich person. What's more two of my cars using PIAA, another 1 is using BOSCH and the last one using SWV. I must be filthy rich! :idea: :rolleyes:

Sooner or later that BOSCH is gonna go and be replaced by a SWV. Which incidentally retails for about RM80~RM100 depending on the length needed.
Thanks for that feedback on PIAA. Will get PIAA next after wipers no longer good.
Bought the michelin one, after 1 month adi start to have sound. Yet the frameless one
is more expensive. Still can swipe clean but noisy.

The one with frame from michelin, still okay. Still testing how long it will last...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Any how, I'm not too fond with those frame-less wiper. Still find those with frame look more like wipers...Hahahaha..call me old fashioned..
PIAA wipers are not that expensive now compare when they just got into our market. As Izso said, PIAA last very long as I'm also 1 of the user. Imagine the time and fuel you need to go look for wipers every 6 months...With PIAA I fit in 1 time and I can forget about it....

Touchwood, my PIAA wiper never been stolen before la....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Any how, I'm not too fond with those frame-less wiper. Still find those with frame look more like wipers...Hahahaha..call me old fashioned..
PIAA wipers are not that expensive now compare when they just got into our market. As Izso said, PIAA last very long as I'm also 1 of the user. Imagine the time and fuel you need to go look for wipers every 6 months...With PIAA I fit in 1 time and I can forget about it....

Touchwood, my PIAA wiper never been stolen before la....
That's my only concern knowing I'm staying in KL and my car is not parked at covered car park or the Kelisa always park outside the house, kinda made me think twice.

Even after having the expensive Michelin wipers that cost me around RM60 for a pair...kinda worried will get stolen...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
You can opt for the normal frame type silicone wiper from PIAA...it looks just like normal wipers but just for a printed white PIAA wording..just sand off the wording kao tim la...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The PIAA I saw so far are the carbon fibre ones...can't really hide those...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No need sand off. Can just use rubbing alchohol.

And if worried kena stolen break off the latch that you need to press to unlock it from place (make sure you break only the latch, not the whole thing otherwise the locking bit will be useless).

Mine can only be opened with a test pen or something similar. Welded my first set of wipers and it was too much of a hassle to replace then when my windscreen was replaced.

And lastly I curse you Danzeterna!! We know you got your wiper cheap ok.. main jauh jauh lu.. heheheheh :biggrin: :thefinger:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No need sand off. Can just use rubbing alchohol.

And if worried kena stolen break off the latch that you need to press to unlock it from place (make sure you break only the latch, not the whole thing otherwise the locking bit will be useless).

Mine can only be opened with a test pen or something similar. Welded my first set of wipers and it was too much of a hassle to replace then when my windscreen was replaced.

And lastly I curse you Danzeterna!! We know you got your wiper cheap ok.. main jauh jauh lu.. heheheheh :biggrin: :thefinger:
Any photos on the part that u broke bro? At least can prevent petty thieves since no one would carry a test pen around....cuz normal ones surely with hands can remove.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You can opt for the normal frame type silicone wiper from PIAA...it looks just like normal wipers but just for a printed white PIAA wording..just sand off the wording kao tim la...
No, if sand off people will still suspect. Stick a ciplak brand over it, guaranteed won't be stolen.......hahahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

We all real bad lah! Buy branded and put ciplak brand over it.......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

think to change it into GTR spoiler xD.....izzit posible?

and i m new to here
which area should i post this question
[in KL/Sel where got shop is customize produce spoiler ?]
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience