SIC 'marshalls' during Super GT

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
MK84, I see a lot of people Q up even before the pit walk session start. Isn't that punctual?

About the herding, they can just tell people off and not push people. That's very rude. I've been to other countries races and marshal will just tell off those who are still at the pit politely and not pushing pushing...I don't see marshals at EBISU, Fuji Speedway..etc..taking pictures with their own cam during pit walk grabbing stickers and freebies at pit walk with the visitors.....only here I see it.

What I see is really low class and embarrassing. I was there at the pit and I actually heard some Mat Salleh not happy with the marshals and you can even ask a few team about their thoughts about our so called marshals.

I'm not trying to cause any war here. Just that I found that their way is not correct and they are not doing their job accordingly. I don't see any professionalism in them. There's also bad marshals at other countries but overall their are good but when you see Sepang marshals...just like 3rd.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
MK, not siding anyone but seriously, last year i got in after 10 mins of que. They started shooing us away 20 mins BEFORE it was time. I asked the marshall why? i showed him my pitpass. STated 2.00pm, now it's only 1.40pm. He say "just go!"

WTF? fuck him wei...

so 20 mins got shooed, 10 mins of que, = 30 mins gone.

This year malas wanna buy pit pass....

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Brian. Normal. LoL

IIRC usually they will start herding people early because it will take at least 20-30 minutes to get everyone off the pitlane area from one end to another. Won't be a problem if ppl just walk and leave at the appointed time, but you know la, while walking to the tunnel, sure got ppl stop and take photo along the way.

TitanRev, most ppl are punctual when they want to get in. But when it's time to leave. All liat already and take their own sweet time to leave.

Still, that doesn't mean they have to be rude about it. Rude behaviour, conduct unbecoming, all this ppl should complain.

For the record, I don't work for SIC :biggrin: Just correcting some wrong perception that ppl assume about marshalls. Just my observation all these years. Most of the marshalls are volunteers and are doing it for the love of the sport. They come from all walks of life, this is not just a job for lower-class-lower-income ppl only. They do get paid but seriously, it's peanuts when you think about the costs just to get to SIC.

Last edited:

fuminari

Sep 29, 2004
Penan
www.fuminari.net
MK84, I see a lot of people Q up even before the pit walk session start. Isn't that punctual?

About the herding, they can just tell people off and not push people. That's very rude. I've been to other countries races and marshal will just tell off those who are still at the pit politely and not pushing pushing...I don't see marshals at EBISU, Fuji Speedway..etc..taking pictures with their own cam during pit walk grabbing stickers and freebies at pit walk with the visitors.....only here I see it.

What I see is really low class and embarrassing. I was there at the pit and I actually heard some Mat Salleh not happy with the marshals and you can even ask a few team about their thoughts about our so called marshals.

I'm not trying to cause any war here. Just that I found that their way is not correct and they are not doing their job accordingly. I don't see any professionalism in them. There's also bad marshals at other countries but overall their are good but when you see Sepang marshals...just like 3rd.
that y malaysia is still a 3rd world country comparing to other country that are hosting SuperGT, F1, MotoGP & etc. Not that i dun like our country but the attitude from fellow countrymen that shown to foreigner..

MK84 said:
Most of the marshalls are volunteers and are doing it for the love of the sport.
Are they doing it for the love of the sport ? or for the extra "benefit" they get during their work. I would say it's the latter one. If its for the love of the sport, show it. the so call professionalism of a marshall, i would respect them. but what we seen so far... they show nothing for us to respect them.
every year, you would notice there are a lot of photogs, some of them are unethical, i dun think we want to go in detail about this topic but i do notice some respectful one, that are not pro photogs.
none of us here are perfect but the least we can do is at least be professional of wat we do. it doesn't mean you have to be pro before behaving like one.

Last edited:

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
if the situation was beyond the control of the marshalls,should just limit the pitt walk participants.

printing pit walk passes like that while not being able to control the crowd was simply bad management.

flabby

Known Member
May 8, 2009
Rather than bad management ..each pitwalk =100.. alot of pw passes = $$$$ ..its all about the $$$

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
haih... from Jurassic till 2009yrs, monkey still a monkey... oredi give up to those shits coz i dun care anymore... the thing i learn from past is, i pay the money to settle the things... i'm clean in my hand, just money gets dirty... hehehehe... if i really mad bout those monkey, i can just pay to hang them up.... ahahahahahaha.....:biggrin:

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
MK: next year i volunteer can ah? i bring along all cameras. Shoe camera, pen camera.. DSLR, apa apa SLR pun bawak.. ehehhee
Hahaha but must do full year events. Then can see the difference. :biggrin: Don't be like some ppl, after two-three events kenot tahan and ciao.

Fuminari, I said most... not all. :biggrin:

Last edited:

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
I think the marshalls should be more carefully and polite when handling this situation. Afterall shouldnt we be promoting 'Malaysian Hospitality'?
About them bringing their own SLR or Digicam or whatever equipment they use to take pictures during working hours or even in their rest period is a big NO NO cos they are still in their marshalls uniforms! Somemore they are taking up the space and blocking the view of the spactators who paid good money for the pitwalkabout. These marshalls are employed to work and not to be a spactators. Its just a simple work ethics / Professionalism

agree.. they should promote malaysian hospitality like you said..
and they should be professional..

instead of us arguing here about it, why not we discuss on how can we change it next year?..
you think you can do something about it?..

to me, im thinking the same as what JINEIL2EN is thinking..
nothing much can be done here..

if you think that whatever you did will not change the situation, cut the crap and live with it..
if you planning to write a complain to newspaper and the management, Please do so, you have my support..:biggrin:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Can I share more pics? :)

Bomba dude making sure everything is ok? Or ..... ??

Bomba crew getting into the action

The face of the culprit

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
agree.. they should promote malaysian hospitality like you said..
and they should be professional..

instead of us arguing here about it, why not we discuss on how can we change it next year?..
you think you can do something about it?..

to me, im thinking the same as what JINEIL2EN is thinking..
nothing much can be done here..

if you think that whatever you did will not change the situation, cut the crap and live with it..
if you planning to write a complain to newspaper and the management, Please do so, you have my support..:biggrin:
thanks bro.. its hard to gets someone having same thought....:adore::adore::adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just to share with fellow members that shall you ever come to this part of town please becareful not to leave your car unattended as my car was broken into at 11am and i found out an hour later. Car is equipped with 6mil security tint and armed with clifford G5 which is also hooked to my horn. So sad to say that the dumb ass security didnt even know and denial hearing my alarm. The best part is the cleaners who were working at the floor above heard my alarm rang.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience