Show us your ride

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
I cannot afford a 100K plus conti car so this is buddy is my entry ticket to continental cars and the ride was pretty good in terms of comfort and stable feel when you cruise through the highway . Eventhough is just a 1.2 turbo, it give you that strong feel that it can go faster and faster. On a 55L fuel tank I can clock 640KM but it depends on how you drives, my mileage is I had mix of normal drive, sport mode drive and some congestion drive. Conti car really give you the feel of not going for Jap or local cars any more.

Reactions: gunnerzz

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
question is why do you like it. Give some feedback
it is really nice for the price range. although it is designed for India market, the fit, finish and image is still conti.

comfortable, powerful (enough), can enjoy dont have to visit workshop every 2 days.

Reactions: DareDan

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I cannot afford a 100K plus conti car so this is buddy is my entry ticket to continental cars and the ride was pretty good in terms of comfort and stable feel when you cruise through the highway . Eventhough is just a 1.2 turbo, it give you that strong feel that it can go faster and faster. On a 55L fuel tank I can clock 640KM but it depends on how you drives, my mileage is I had mix of normal drive, sport mode drive and some congestion drive. Conti car really give you the feel of not going for Jap or local cars any more.
Agree with u on the feel of Conti cars and that it makes other Jap cars inferior but some local model do provide some conti feel.
The Waja and Preve for example...except for the fit and finish plus the engine, the ride closely resembles conti cars. I get to ride in the 2014 (more or less) 320d and it rides like the Waja...solid firm ride. Those whom worship jap cars will said its bumpy. I believe one of the contributing factor of the Conti feel is their vehicle weight,just checkout how much a golf weight. With weight, the suspension will work more instead of the whole car in case of normal jap or local car.
So what Proton claim the Waja is Asian BMW have some weight to it. And to achieve that without the Conti weight is truly a feat.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Let me give my 2 cents. Last month I was driving around in a single turbo R32 GTR manual and this month I'm driving around in a 996 Porsche 911. Extreme Jap vs extreme conti.

And I have to say I love the Jap a lot for it's exciting drive, handling, even my daughter was more impressed with the R32 than the 996. But I love the Porsche for its practicality (yes... really), it's surprisingly good FC (10km/L city driving) and ease of driving. The R32 was always on edge like a reformed axe murderer under probation. Anytime it'll snap and want to kill you. With the 996 it's a beautiful wide hipped lady that just glides from place to place but if poked and prodded, will stomp you and murder you with her 4" high heels.

If I had to choose I'd choose Jap over Conti because if I have to die I wanna die smiling going full boost reverse in a big ball of fire, mid air with all wheels off the ground.

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
When I drove a waja I dont get that conti feel but Preve, yes, it does have that feel but still not that close Conti. KIA in the other hand, yes it does have the conti feel. The drive feel in a BMW, Merc and VW is all a bit different. I drove a BMW 328i before and it still give you the flooting feel when it come to highway cruise (normal drive). Merc (E250) feel like steady and comfy but not that fun to drive maybe it is heavier (normal drive). VW (Passat n Vento normal drive) it feel more stable and fun to ride the best part is it feel more and more stable when it goes faster and faster and it give you that confident to step on the fuel paddle more and more. This is all just sharing my own feel and 2 cents.

For extreme cars, I dont know much as I so far had not really drove any extreme jap cars but still go for Jap as it looks more fun to ride then the Conti because Conti extreme cars had too much safety feature and it will correct what ever maneuver you are doing on the track. so its like cutting the fun short or out of it. All is 20 cents feel and sharing dont fire me if I said anything wrong... cheers:beer:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All sifus and expert,

With a budget of 5k, what is the best option for me to convert my slow car, given these engines as the reference:

- mitsu mivec 1.6 manual
- mitsu 4G61T
- mitsu v6 1.6

Due to the restriction of the law, I have to stick with these options. So now I would like to hear some input/opinion/advise from the fellow sifus and expert in terms of performance and maintenance, which one is the best choice? Some people suggest to opt for the Mivec 1.6 as we can do a bolt on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience