Show us your Mitsubishi Airtrek pictures...

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
depends.. i would say not really necessary. becos i might shorten the autobox life span.. but some say that once tuned, it feels almost like DSG box...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Tuning of gb will allow it to change gear much faster. Max out the tuning will allow the gear change close to DSG. I've sat in a ATR before with tuned gearbox and the gear change was like almost instant. But Ah Wah told me it will compromise the lifespan, hence I do not want to touch it. Stock setting is good enough as I am not racing the car anyway.

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hmmmm.....better not touch it....STOCK!!

guys tis month i've extra pocket money like RM400....anything i can mod for better performance? Please advice... :adore:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
save it bro..... next month u have 800 and so on. If you want 'felt-able' performance, go for Evo cam upgrade. Cost you below RM1200 with installation.

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
change to evo cams? how many hp does it add or just better pick up only? And 1 more thing, if i change to evo cams...can the gearbox tahan? can oso the engine tahan?

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
We have not really dynoed before and after Evo cam install. I am sure there is increase but not much, probably 5-10hp the most. But the big difference is that the car is much more responsive. It won't felt so 'laggy' and best of all, the powerband is widen. Which means power delivery is longer thru the revs and a lot more usable.

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
We have not really dynoed before and after Evo cam install. I am sure there is increase but not much, probably 5-10hp the most. But the big difference is that the car is much more responsive. It won't felt so 'laggy' and best of all, the powerband is widen. Which means power delivery is longer thru the revs and a lot more usable.
bro, if i were to mod the engine, do i need to go step by step from A - Z in terms for healthier engine?
1. change to front mount intercooler?
2. oil cooler?
3. etc....???
im not sure which n where to start from...the above just tembak only....hihihi

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I've not upgraded any oil cooler before. The ATF one is still standard. Haha... so far, my car is still OKAY.

To answer your question, there's no step by step. But usually, we go by stages. By all means, this is no 'global' standard defination of stages, more from my own perference for Airtrek Turbos.

stage 1 - intake, exhaust (decat + muffler + piping), ignition, BOV, boost controller, suspension, boost meter, turbo timer
stage 2 - intercooler, evo cams, remap, td05 turbo, injectors, fuel pump, downpipe, fuel regulator, brakes, external wastegate, banana
stage 3 - bigger turbo, stroker kit, high-cams, manual transmission

stage 1 without remap, u'll get below 200whp.
stage 1 with remap, u'll get around 230whp.
stage 2 u'll get around 270whp.
stage 3 u'll get above 300whp for sure.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
intake is air filter. U may choose open pod or drop ins.
ignition could be better plugs + plug cables or even external coils.
banana is exhaust manifold

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
intake is air filter. U may choose open pod or drop ins.
ignition could be better plugs + plug cables or even external coils.
banana is exhaust manifold
Bro Edward,

really appreciate your advice.....i will seek for your advice again after i done with the cam upgraded...Thanks a lot.. :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yesterday i had to drive my wira through the flood in front of menara PGRM.. aiyark!.. now my headlight got water inside n my horn sounds kinda funny and not loud as usually.. how to flush the water out? n y my horn sound like that? got water inside also?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience