Show us your lancer/evo pics!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Plan something big for dragday?

Anyway why meth inj...not ecu first?
No la, just normal drive only. I try avoid launching the car coz don't want to break the TC.

Coz meth kit is less than half the price of Link ECU, and can provide some safety margin for tuning. My tuner also said the stock ECU is still sufficient for my target now. He'd recommend Link as next step. Main differences if not mistaken are it has antilag setup, and multiple maps to select for say different fuel types etc., plus broader mapping capability. He's selling his Evo 9 so now in process of demodding it back to stock. I may consider buying his used Link later for half the price.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No la, just normal drive only. I try avoid launching the car coz don't want to break the TC.

Coz meth kit is less than half the price of Link ECU, and can provide some safety margin for tuning. My tuner also said the stock ECU is still sufficient for my target now. He'd recommend Link as next step. Main differences if not mistaken are it has antilag setup, and multiple maps to select for say different fuel types etc., plus broader mapping capability. He's selling his Evo 9 so now in process of demodding it back to stock. I may consider buying his used Link later for half the price.
Link makes a PNP ecu for the Evo. No messy wires and all that.

Also 376 on a mustang dyno is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD... that's pretty high HP! Hope your brakes are up to par

Reactions: 6UE5t

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Link makes a PNP ecu for the Evo. No messy wires and all that.

Also 376 on a mustang dyno is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD... that's pretty high HP! Hope your brakes are up to par
Yup Link is PnP, most recommended for Evo.

Considering the limited amount of mod and spending I put on it plus a bit more conservative tuning, yes it's pretty good already hence I am satisfied. Probably if pushed a bit more aggressive with 50/50 meth ratio and 1.7 bar should be able to cross the 400whp mark.

Brakes use stock calipers still ok. Mine got uprated floating disc with slots, some Endless pads, stainless braided hose, and use Motul 5.1 fluid. Later once pads finished, I might consider higher performance pads.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup Link is PnP, most recommended for Evo.

Considering the limited amount of mod and spending I put on it plus a bit more conservative tuning, yes it's pretty good already hence I am satisfied. Probably if pushed a bit more aggressive with 50/50 meth ratio and 1.7 bar should be able to cross the 400whp mark.
Daily drive you need so much power ah......

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Daily drive you need so much power ah......
Surely no! Hahaha. I just set it at low boost for daily, maybe around 1-1.2 bars.

This results actually exceed my target. Initially I was just targeting around 320-340whp, then plan my mod or things to buy based on that with some budget level. More or less I am spending about that budget level with pretty careful parts selection and hunting, then got this higher result so yeah, a nice bonus I suppose.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
View attachment 578117 View attachment 578118 View attachment 578119
View attachment 578120
View attachment 578124
Installed AEM water methanol kit, then went for dyno tuning at LSF Sunway with Matt Dirin and Akong. Got 376whp/410wnm @1.4 bars on the Mustang (est. 470hp/530nm on crank). Methanol fluid ratio is only about 33%. Not too aggressive tuning but pretty pleased coz target exceeded so stop power mod for now. Maybe would only consider Link ECU if got a good deal somewhere.

View attachment 578121
View attachment 578123
Downsize rims to 17x9 Konig Hypergram, lighter by 2kg/corner, plus got some AD08R. Previous 18' got buyer already.

Next plan just do corner weighing and change android head unit.
looking good, very nice example you have there
Interesting meth kit route for initial mods but agree with your thoughts
I had a meth kit once, it does add meat to the boost

Reactions: 6UE5t

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
looking good, very nice example you have there
Interesting meth kit route for initial mods but agree with your thoughts
I had a meth kit once, it does add meat to the boost
20200111_130200.jpg

Hmm can't remember if I had mentioned before but earlier this year I had changed to Greddy 264 cams, HKS GT2 7460R ball bearing turbo with 18psi actuator, 850cc injectors and Walbro 255 pump. This meth kit is the last addition.
20191204_194304.jpg

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
He needs to climb a lot of bukit and slopes in his daily drive... hahaha... like office parking ramp... LoL...

BTW, back to office?
Hahaha now office parking very empty, no need to go up/down.

Anyway still WFH, so cars not used much now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Three lucky winners from Malaysia were rewarded by Castrol recently with the opportunity to travel to Madrid, Spain, where they got the chance to meet the Castrol Global Ambassador, Cristiano Ronaldo, and train at Real Madrid’s training facility at Valdebebas.

The trip was the result of an integrated Castrol campaign for its consumers and trade partners that saw Goh Su Chin winning the Castrol Edge...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience