Show us your lancer/evo pics!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Since it starts with a jump start, you have narrowed it down to an electrical problem. The fuel pump and injectors are new. I would look at those first. I suspect a bigger capacity battery will start it
The thing is, this is the max size that I can use (ns60l) if still using stock battery placement especially since it's small terminals. And previously even with smaller size (ns40) can still start. I am suspect the starter motor for now.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The thing is, this is the max size that I can use (ns60l) if still using stock battery placement especially since it's small terminals. And previously even with smaller size (ns40) can still start. I am suspect the starter motor for now.
You can check how much the voltage drops when cranking. I dont think the new camshafts will add much to crank effort.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It is cranking, so why suspect starter motor?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Since it starts with a jump start, you have narrowed it down to an electrical problem. The fuel pump and injectors are new. I would look at those first. I suspect a bigger capacity battery will start it
Why need bigger capacity battery? A bit weird since jump can start......:confused:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Why need bigger capacity battery? A bit weird since jump can start......:confused:
His current battery is new. He even tested with another battery. Can only start when jump start with additional power source/battery. How does this not suggest a bigger battery will do better?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Further detail of the symptom, it can start fine when cold but after driving then cannot start again if stop unless jump started! My mechanic says possibly crank sensor, so when hot difficult to start. Based on my reading so far it seems to point the same too.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Further detail of the symptom, it can start fine when cold but after driving then cannot start again if stop unless jump started! My mechanic says possibly crank sensor, so when hot difficult to start. Based on my reading so far it seems to point the same too.
My wira had the original starter replaced with a refurbished unit. On hot days, after spirited driving or stuck in jam, starter gets heak soaked & refuses to work. Need to wait for awhile before it does.

Reactions: 6UE5t

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
check voltage before hot start ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
His current battery is new. He even tested with another battery. Can only start when jump start with additional power source/battery. How does this not suggest a bigger battery will do better?
Probably old car wire resistance higher then, because newer cars are coming with smaller and smaller battery.......lol

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
My wira had the original starter replaced with a refurbished unit. On hot days, after spirited driving or stuck in jam, starter gets heak soaked & refuses to work. Need to wait for awhile before it does.
ur case in particular, no amount of whacking the starter will help right?

crank sensor, i think u can just cocok and pull the sensor readings to confirm kan?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You have a very strange problem. I don't think it's a starter problem since it cranks, just won't come to life right? Perhaps you have a weak connector somewhere.
Yes, just keep cranking but if jump started with enough juice then it will on. Based on what I read seems to point to crank sensor.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is my boss's car. The paint was in terrible condition upon delivery. Defects were all over and deep. Pictures shall talk.

Full of swirls and watermark etching. Generous amount of random deep scratches too.

A closer look

The least aggressive method was tried. A light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience