Show us your lancer/evo pics!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Update, only got 348.7km for 46.7 ltrs or about 7.3km/ltr.
Just when i tot my ol Pajero is bad enough..
When my Pajero is driven in its nature (offroad), it will gulp 1/4 tank in 20min. Mind u thats well below 40kmh due to the terrain and thats on 4H(should have gone for 4L to makes it easier).Makes me wonder what is your figure when your Evo is in its nature...4km/l?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just when i tot my ol Pajero is bad enough..
When my Pajero is driven in its nature (offroad), it will gulp 1/4 tank in 20min. Mind u thats well below 40kmh due to the terrain and thats on 4H(should have gone for 4L to makes it easier).Makes me wonder what is your figure when your Evo is in its nature...4km/l?
When I boost it often, it can only reach about 5km/ltr.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
How do you switch boost in SCG1? Can it be done quickly like just 1 button press?
currently using method switching off the 3port solenoid/fail safe. since im running stock wastegate spring 1bar, and i know if my engine running lean, because happen before. hahah

if i want higher boost, switch on the 3port solenoid/failsafe.

switching to and fro via single action.

Update, only got 348.7km for 46.7 ltrs or about 7.3km/ltr.
reflash your ecu , you'll get slightly better mileage. anyhow, better rich than lean :pepsi:

Reactions: 6UE5t

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
currently using method switching off the 3port solenoid/fail safe. since im running stock wastegate spring 1bar, and i know if my engine running lean, because happen before. hahah

if i want higher boost, switch on the 3port solenoid/failsafe.

switching to and fro via single action.

reflash your ecu , you'll get slightly better mileage. anyhow, better rich than lean :pepsi:
Hmm sounds good if can switch in just 1 quick action. Need to see how it's setup and done. I'll pm you later.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm sounds good if can switch in just 1 quick action. Need to see how it's setup and done. I'll pm you later.
technically need to press both button few sec for enable/disable solenoid control.

if u decide to remap, try ask tuner if its possible to add switch for high and low boost.

Reactions: 6UE5t

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys I'm still undecided now between running an external 38 wastegate or just getting an uprated internal gate actuator, for example 18psi actuator. I am currently leaning towards just getting the uprated actuator coz it's minimal mod without needing to do piping mods but mostly people say external is still better and more stable at managing boost.

Btw I have bought a Profec B Spec 2 and I want to keep using the stock turbo. Will I still able to set for hi/lo boost mode if still using internal gate?

Any inputs?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys I'm still undecided now between running an external 38 wastegate or just getting an uprated internal gate actuator, for example 18psi actuator. I am currently leaning towards just getting the uprated actuator coz it's minimal mod without needing to do piping mods but mostly people say external is still better and more stable at managing boost.

Btw I have bought a Profec B Spec 2 and I want to keep using the stock turbo. Will I still able to set for hi/lo boost mode if still using internal gate?

Any inputs?
with your new ebc, you might not need to find uprated actuator yet.

if the actuator has lower psi than your intended boost, better be that way. Control the boost by your profec. From the manual, it can be set hi and low setting and able to work with external and internal wastegate.

in case of ebc malfuntion, atleast it cuts the boost at your stock actuator psi.

but if you plan to boost up more than double of your stock actuator psi, then upgrade the actuator is good.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
with your new ebc, you might not need to find uprated actuator yet.

if the actuator has lower psi than your intended boost, better be that way. Control the boost by your profec. From the manual, it can be set hi and low setting and able to work with external and internal wastegate.

in case of ebc malfuntion, atleast it cuts the boost at your stock actuator psi.

but if you plan to boost up more than double of your stock actuator psi, then upgrade the actuator is good.
Based on what I can find, stock Evo 9 actuator is around 11-12psi which seems a bit low. The other reason to upgrade to stronger one is also ability to hold boost better at higher rpms.

My target max boost probably won't exceed 25psi coz that's what I read the limitation also for the stock BOV before I need to upgrade that one also (which I don't prefer for now). Therefore I am thinking an 18psi actuator might fit the bill, ir maybe just 14psi? Or should I just go with external altogether? I'm actually trying to keep it as simple as possible just to optimise the stock turbo and engine. (Btw engine wise I just bought Greddy 264 cams only).

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Based on what I can find, stock Evo 9 actuator is around 11-12psi which seems a bit low. The other reason to upgrade to stronger one is also ability to hold boost better at higher rpms.

My target max boost probably won't exceed 25psi coz that's what I read the limitation also for the stock BOV before I need to upgrade that one also (which I don't prefer for now). Therefore I am thinking an 18psi actuator might fit the bill, ir maybe just 14psi? Or should I just go with external altogether? I'm actually trying to keep it as simple as possible just to optimise the stock turbo and engine. (Btw engine wise I just bought Greddy 264 cams only).
if thats the case, go for custom piping and external wastegate + new blowoff. Just go one shot with a little room for future/potential upgrade.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While driving, electronic parts already showing the power loss. Everything on and off because of loss of power. Things getting worst and the car start jerking and the RPM meter unstable. My home is not that far away so I push the car a little bit, working hard to reach home. I felt the car and engine working very hard when I press the pedal. Suddenly there is a sound like a blow up (like a fire with blow up sound) in the exhaust, everytime I push the pedal. Once I reach home, the engine is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience