Show us your lancer/evo pics!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Next questions, what's the most recommended value for money for:
-boost meter? The smaller the better. Defi is out of consideration coz expensive.
-turbo timer (my tuner suggested APEXi pen timer but seems not available new anymore for original Japan)
-A/F meter, also the smaller the better. So far only AEM comes to mind.
-boost controller. My tuner suggested Greddy Profec B if not mistaken.
1.Boost meter comes in mechanical or electrical ones. I always say buy original. Defi is the gold standard. Avoid APEX'i, got problems, my friends got original ones he bought from N1 Racing.. they warranty 1 unit, same problem then they tell him "it's like that". It's a quirky design issue, his APEXi water temp gauge always stuck, need to knock only jalan. I've got a GReddy electrical boost meter in a box somewhere, if you want can sell it to you at a friendly price. Taken out from my turbo sampan.

2.Turbo timer, I'd get the APEXi one. No need for such a big chunky one.

3.AEM X-series. The only choice. LSU 4.9 sensor, fastest response time. Most of the reviews are comparing the Innovate ones to the old UEGO series.

https://www.miataturbo.net/ecus-tuning-54/lsu-4-9-mtx-l-aem-uego-86857/
http://speed.academy/aem-x-series-w...tested-fastest-responding-wideband-confirmed/

After installing you probably want to go do a dyno run at a calibrated dyno with wideband reading, and take note of the AEM's reading so you have a baseline and note the variation.

4.Best boost controller is the stock ECU controlling a 3 port boost control solenoid. Who uses a 3 port bcs? Haltech, Motec etc. With it you're able to do boost by gear..and other fancy stuff. I won't go deep into it because i am not a subject matter expert.

I am not familiar with Evo (cannot afford one so never research it) but Subarus use ECUFlash, I heard it can be used for Evo as well
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e...-using-ecuflash-3-port-gm-boost-solenoid.html

https://www.haltech.com/closed-loop-vs-open-loop-boost-control/

Reactions: 6UE5t

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
1.Boost meter comes in mechanical or electrical ones. I always say buy original. Defi is the gold standard. Avoid APEX'i, got problems, my friends got original ones he bought from N1 Racing.. they warranty 1 unit, same problem then they tell him "it's like that". It's a quirky design issue, his APEXi water temp gauge always stuck, need to knock only jalan. I've got a GReddy electrical boost meter in a box somewhere, if you want can sell it to you at a friendly price. Taken out from my turbo sampan.

2.Turbo timer, I'd get the APEXi one. No need for such a big chunky one.

3.AEM X-series. The only choice. LSU 4.9 sensor, fastest response time. Most of the reviews are comparing the Innovate ones to the old UEGO series.

https://www.miataturbo.net/ecus-tuning-54/lsu-4-9-mtx-l-aem-uego-86857/
http://speed.academy/aem-x-series-w...tested-fastest-responding-wideband-confirmed/

After installing you probably want to go do a dyno run at a calibrated dyno with wideband reading, and take note of the AEM's reading so you have a baseline and note the variation.

4.Best boost controller is the stock ECU controlling a 3 port boost control solenoid. Who uses a 3 port bcs? Haltech, Motec etc. With it you're able to do boost by gear..and other fancy stuff. I won't go deep into it because i am not a subject matter expert.

I am not familiar with Evo (cannot afford one so never research it) but Subarus use ECUFlash, I heard it can be used for Evo as well
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e...-using-ecuflash-3-port-gm-boost-solenoid.html

https://www.haltech.com/closed-loop-vs-open-loop-boost-control/
Thx bro, will need to have a read and discuss with my tuner.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I actually have an AEM AF meter kit at home that was never used. Brand new (but old). If you're interested I can sell it to you at a friendly price. No point for me to keep at home cuz I don't have a car yet.
Oh complete with the Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor? I pm you later, thanks.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Btw so far can only get 360+km from 50ltrs of ron97, and that's already by driving smoothly all the time with just minor jams/idling! Lol

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Next questions, what's the most recommended value for money for:
-boost meter? The smaller the better. Defi is out of consideration coz expensive.
-turbo timer (my tuner suggested APEXi pen timer but seems not available new anymore for original Japan)
-A/F meter, also the smaller the better. So far only AEM comes to mind.
-boost controller. My tuner suggested Greddy Profec B if not mistaken.
im using innovate scg1,1.9k including 3 port solenoid and LSU4.9 sensor it has following feature
-shiftlight
-fail safe *cutoff boost if afr running lean
-display boost and afr
-complicate boost setup and wastegate sprind dependable.
-data log capable
-can communicate with standalone. i've done it with link plugin ecu.

profec is good boost controller and user friendly.

can buy reasonable price defi and apexi pen timer, nos condition from reputable jdm halfcut shop

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Btw so far can only get 360+km from 50ltrs of ron97, and that's already by driving smoothly all the time with just minor jams/idling! Lol
Welcome to turbo world. I used to get 320 to 360 for VR, now old even less.......lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
im using innovate scg1,1.9k including 3 port solenoid and LSU4.9 sensor it has following feature
-shiftlight
-fail safe *cutoff boost if afr running lean
-display boost and afr
-complicate boost setup and wastegate sprind dependable.
-data log capable
-can communicate with standalone. i've done it with link plugin ecu.

profec is good boost controller and user friendly.

can buy reasonable price defi and apexi pen timer, nos condition from reputable jdm halfcut shop
Sounds like a great device. So if I use this then I don't need to buy a separate boost meter right? Coz this is like one device for both AFR & boost meter together with failsafe, isn't it?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Welcome to turbo world. I used to get 320 to 360 for VR, now old even less.......lol
time for rebuild!

Sounds like a great device. So if I use this then I don't need to buy a separate boost meter right? Coz this is like one device for both AFR & boost meter together with failsafe, isn't it?
no need for seperate meter. scg1 is one 52mm meter for 2 display, it display both afr and boost same time.

Yup, comes with failsafe. there's boost controller too but abit troublesome to set for new user. It doesnt have any hi low.

If you want different boost setup, can do it this way:

low: switch off solenoid control and your boost will be based on your wastegate spring.( failsafe is off too)
Hi : switch on solenoid control (failsafe is on)

IZME

Aug 20, 2019
100_4796666.jpg
What the Engine Looks like now.jpg
100_4799999.jpg
100_47944444.jpg
I just finished restoring my 1995 Lancer Glxi. I personaly did all the painting and body work plus engine overhaul. It has a new front and rear suspension. It took me 2 years to complete. It looks better in person than the pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: sweelt

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings to all, *
If any readers are contemplating a BMW or already owning a BMW, please allow me to share my experience. Below is my email to BMW Malaysia.. *

-Quote- *

I purchased the above vehicle as pre-reg unit from Ingress Auto early 2012. I was initially sceptical on buying a used vehicle *but after the salesperson convinced me that the vehicle comes with a 5 year warranty and free maintenance, I went ahead with the purchase. Additionally, BMW's distinction in its Customer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience