Should i get a HR? Opinion needed

joeseng

Known Member
Apr 24, 2006
Peejay
Hi folks currently i am in a deciding stage whether or not to get a 07 Z, with the HR engine.

The problem is, i've own a Z before. 1st car was rx8, then i moved on to 04 350z manual, then i moved on to R34 GTR Vspec (i only driven this for 8 months and sold it, cuz the maintenance and repair burden is too heavy) then i moved on to AP1 Honda s2000 which i currently driving.(plan to sell this because i prefer a more torque engine)

initial plan was to get an Audi TT, i admire the DSG gearbox and all the german interior, but the car just lack the fun factor and performance when compared to what i have driven before.

then 2nd choice was the Subaru s204 or Evo IX, but my gf says big NO as she doesnt like the design one bit, she likes the Audi TT but i dont have the love towards the TT.

and eventually we stumble upon a 07 350z, with some kit and stuff, looks good and clean. so i ask myself, the 370z is already out (out of my budget) and i have driven a Z before, only thing i have never tried is the HR engine and the 07 suspension setup. Question is, is it worth getting?

need your opinion guys. Thanks

TamanLinkin

Known Member
Jun 7, 2009
i dont even know if grey importer selling, but gudluck. some forum with people that ride both 03 DE and 07 HR says the 03 DE is pile of shit. so you decide.

mazranz

Sepang Circuit Staff
Mar 16, 2004
Pee Jay
mazranz.smugmug.com
Sorry Joeseng... I'm only driving a 300ZX so can't comment on the HR engines. Unless you are willing to mod your engine, try to get the best you can afford.

Maz

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
no point to get back to 350z, unless u mean 370Z then yes...or skyline V36. this also nice(at the point of girl)....that V36 also is 3700cc

roadtax n insurance is killing compare to those 2000cc sports car for sure.....

those skyline R series or Impreza or Evo are dream cars for most of the guys, but NOT the girl...due to the exterior looks and design doesnt suit their taste :)

i did a opinion survey before...a catalogue without the car name...showing 350z,evo9, subaru 9, rx8, R34.

most of the girls prefer 350z, some rx8........ evo/scoobie/R34 are NIL vote...LOL

rx8 is nice too, just the engine not so fun to play unless u r rotary fans.

if got more budget, show ur girl R35 GTR, if she says YES on this :) this machine is a very nice ride, just abit high maintenace for ATF change n setting(roughly rm5k) for 3000km-5000km interval(according to manual), excluding engine oil etc pricing yet

*there is one 350z 380rs edition here at kk,sabah...asking rm2xx unreg

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Colin Chapman had it right by cutting weight and the Ariel Atom is one of the best possible examples of that in these times.

Weighing in at next to nothing, just an extra handful or horses on one of these would go a long way in terms of performance. That’s precisely what German tuner Wimmer RS had in mind with their performance kit for the Atom 3...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience